Are the chromebooks heradling some sort of culture shift? - Chromebook Forum : Google Chromebook Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-01-2011, 09:36 AM Thread Starter

Are the chromebooks heradling some sort of culture shift?

You can probably do everything online nowadays but there is an argument there are some things that you should not, probably because of how important they are.

Looking at it from the point of view that a few years back very little could be done online, are you imagining a scenario where all those things you do not or probably think can't do online are the same things you will have to do?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-01-2011, 09:40 AM

I know that I, for one, and going to try to do everything possible in "the cloud". It just makes so much more sense. I only just recently had a computer crash because of a virus.
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-01-2011, 10:09 AM Thread Starter

Bling-Bling, thanks for sharing that out. I have had a crash twice in a row and eventually had to forget about that machine. The whole 'cloud' concept is a superb one and it is time people embraced it for their own good.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-01-2011, 03:34 PM

BCB and ACB

Oh ya. The Internet will be everywhere...it will float through the air like radio waves from every point on the earth...

No one will remember what life was like before the world wide web that will actually be world wide and life will BCB and ACB = before chrome books and after chrome books
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-01-2011, 04:09 PM

lol good point but its not about chrome book, the internet has revolutionized the world giving faster data transfers and etc, as for life before hand that why we have books like the bible to record past history and such. just embrace technology as it evolves.
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-01-2011, 05:09 PM

I hope it does cause a culture shift. I have been waiting for something to happen. Human kind has been stagnating and technology, like that in Google Chromebooks move us along.
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-01-2011, 06:33 PM

First we got typewriters and we thought it was far out. Then we got computers and it was so cool. Next came the internet and we were wowed. Now we have the Google Chromebook, who could ask for more. It's human evolution man.
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-02-2011, 11:54 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fred View Post
First we got typewriters and we thought it was far out. Then we got computers and it was so cool. Next came the internet and we were wowed. Now we have the Google Chromebook, who could ask for more. It's human evolution man.
Nice point we have there, but I am just wondering how people for example looked forward to the computers, given the typewriters were the 'in thing' then.

Or times have changed such that if anything is to come, we have to weigh its pros and cons?
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-02-2011, 01:46 PM

I think it is a tool to help make the next shift in the way we use information. This and the iPad will make a big dent in the MS kingdom. They have to much invested in their software to quickly move to a more mobile environment.
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-02-2011, 02:11 PM

I don't think that the Chromebook alone is responsible for a culture shift, but I think it is part of a much larger shift in our culture. I think that every piece of technology we use is important in creating this shift.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page