Chromebooks - Chromebook Forum : Google Chromebook Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-31-2011, 03:52 PM Thread Starter

Chromebooks

Hi, I was just wondering if the chromebooks are considered netbooks. I'm wondering because i saw the specs the earlier, 11.6'(Acer) 12.1' (Samsung). I don't really like how small they are are. Do you think it'd be a problem? Do you think they'll release a bigger notebook (say 15' to 18')? Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-31-2011, 04:12 PM

Maybe at a later date when they need it but i don't see a need for 15" ultra portable notebook for say this purpose of a cloud os.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-31-2011, 04:33 PM

I do not think that Chromebooks fall under netbooks. While the size is similar, the fact that it runs a new operating system is going to create an entirely new category for computers.
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-31-2011, 05:56 PM
pav

even if it were a different category, why would you want a bigger size for it? it is minimalistic os.. minimalistic os with a big screen doesnt sound right..
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-31-2011, 11:34 PM

I think of it as a netbook as far as the size is concerned, but other than that, it's a chromebook... it's unique... until that is, they take over the world and everyone is using them. Then netbook will be an archaic term no one remembers!
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-01-2011, 01:17 AM

I like to look at it as a notebook running on a Chrome OS but as Zora has hinted, the fact of the matter is that they herald an entirely new age for computers.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-01-2011, 12:32 PM

Cool I was wrong!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zora View Post
I do not think that Chromebooks fall under netbooks. While the size is similar, the fact that it runs a new operating system is going to create an entirely new category for computers.
Alright guys, I hate to admit it but I was wrong! Hah, I was surfing the net yesterday and I came across the answer to this question. The answer is: YES, Google Chromebooks are netbooks!
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-01-2011, 04:40 PM

"Light" netbooks. I really just want to put Chrome OS on my current netbook. I don't need the hardware of a Chromebook.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-01-2011, 04:52 PM

For those with the skills to compile a proper build of the Chromium OS for particular hardware, that option is wide open. For others, the idea of buying a computer optimized for the Chrome OS may be better. Here's how the Financial Times discussed Google's "exacting standards.".

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page