Any chance that we will ever line in stores? - Chromebook Forum : Google Chromebook Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-02-2011, 11:49 AM Thread Starter

Any chance that we will ever line in stores?

Well, if I am not wrong, the first ever batches will be bought online(probably Amazon or something like that)

I am just wondering whether this is likely to change any time soon so that you will be getting these in stores around you?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-02-2011, 02:16 PM

I'm sure that the chromebook will make an appearance in a store eventually, most likely in 6-12 months after release if it proves to be a reliable and safe computer to use.
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-02-2011, 04:16 PM

Is it that Google first wants to observe the marlet response then probably mass produce them? I heard someone say they decided to go the online way to target a certain calibre of people.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-03-2011, 07:41 AM

doubt there will be lines waiting for chrome books , mostly cause there hasn't been any ads out about it. Most normal people i know didn't even know that google was doing this, and after knowing seemed to care more about tablets and smart phones instead of laptops,notebook, or netbooks.
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-03-2011, 12:02 PM Thread Starter

Well, either way, I hope there still be some sort of mass production of the same in case demands grows; I agree that really few people have an idea of the Chromebook and even them, there seems to be some shift of focus.
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-03-2011, 01:52 PM

Maybe Black Friday will see people camping outside stores? I think it would be a good time to introduce it into the mass market. People who might be wary would forget their fears in the face of a great bargain!
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-03-2011, 10:03 PM

Best Buy

It seems like Chromebooks will be available at Best Buy... That'd be a good place for people to line up!
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Computer...erm=chromebook
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-03-2011, 10:06 PM

Chromebooks will be available on June 15 in stores right? That's nice, but I want a free one because I'm poor.

Last edited by kobe; 06-03-2011 at 10:12 PM.
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-03-2011, 11:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post
Maybe Black Friday will see people camping outside stores? I think it would be a good time to introduce it into the mass market. People who might be wary would forget their fears in the face of a great bargain!
Black Friday? Black Friday!!!!!????? I sure as heck hope they're in stores and available before then if they're being released June 15th.
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-07-2011, 01:25 AM

I've spoken to two different reps from two different Best Buys...it sound like they aren't even sure when they'll get Chromebooks. The first person said they didn't even have an item number for the Series 5 yet. So far, all that's known is they'll be sold online.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page