Chromebook offline capability? - Chromebook Forum : Google Chromebook Forums
View Poll Results: Does offline support matter to you?
Yes! I dont want to have a brick whenever I dont have a connection 1 100.00%
No. I'm buying it just for its online capabilities. I can always find a connection when I need it anyway 0 0%
Voters: 1. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 05-11-2011, 04:41 PM Thread Starter

Chromebook offline capability?

chromebook is being marketed as keeping everything online so that everything will be secure and regularly updated. what happens when you cant connect online? does this make the chromebook a really expensive brick?

thankfully googles sundar pichai answered this question at the google i/o day. looks like they developing offline support for the chromebook. this includes gmail, google docs, and calendar. he also made sure to note that the webapps angry birds and new york times are already available for use while offline.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 05-11-2011, 04:45 PM

Even so have a net book that is mainly biased on the web and the OS is made to operate on the web, i could imagine how useless it would be for the down town, if you were not to have wifi.

Having Google docs and angry birds and newyork times is great, but having a nice paper weight inst exactly amazing when you have no internet either... as we all know how long our attention spans last after a long day of work !

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page