I want to buy asus c302 as a student - microsoft office?! - Chromebook Forum : Google Chromebook Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-13-2017, 04:34 PM Thread Starter

I want to buy asus c302 as a student - microsoft office?!

Hello everyone,

I'm interested in buying the asus chromebook C302 because I'm a student and it's light, cheap and has a great battery life.
I'm going to use it mainly just to take notes at my university lectures. So wi-fi turned off, low brightness, and only an app to type to.
I have two questions:
1)how do you think the battery will last after 1 year? I'd really like if it could still last 7-8 hours (as I said with wi-fi turned off, low brightness and ONLY with microsoft word)
2)I didn't really understand how microsoft office works on a chromebook. I have to stay constantly online to use it? Even just to type stuff on Microsoft Word?
3)does microsoft office work for you? any kind of trouble or bug? I read that you need to install the "beta version" of chrome os, and that it can give you problems, and uses more battery. is it true? I'm the kind of newbie who just wants to use the chromebook with microsoft word, powerpoint and internet & videos from time to time.

Thank you all
Yari
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-13-2017, 04:46 PM Thread Starter

4)if microsoft Word is only usable ONLINE, 4a)how long will the battery last with wi-fi on? 4b)is there a version of OpenOffice for chromebook? is it good? any better apps for writing long lectures? I'll print all of the notes, so...
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-13-2017, 07:15 PM Thread Starter

I don't know how to modify this post : / anyway, I'm choosing between an ASUS chromebook c302 with PENTIUM core, and a samsung chromebook plus. what do you guys think? I read a review which said that the c302 has a great battery, better than the samsung, but they reviewed the core M3 version. Do you think that the pentium could have a worse battery?

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page