White power light flashing then solid - Chromebook Forum : Google Chromebook Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 10-13-2017, 12:02 AM Thread Starter

White power light flashing then solid

I'm hoping someone can help me figure out what the problem is with my HP Chromebook 11 G4. I'ts not even 2 years old and its hardly used. It will not power on without the power adapter plugged in. The battery level is stuck at 1% no matter who long it's plugged in. Won't charge at all. The power light goes from flashing white to staying solid white then back to flashing. Can not get an orange or red or green at all. I have tried a different power adapter and that didn't fix it. I have done multiple hard resets. I have done a recovery. I have opened it up and disconnected the battery cable from the motherboard then re-connected it and that didn't work. I have tried different power sources in the house. I have been to all the forums looking for a solution to the problem. My last course of action is to buy a new battery and install it although I don't think the battery should need replacing with so little use. I have an older Samsung Chromebook and an Asus and have not had any problems with either of them. I contacted HP and since it is out of warranty they are no help. Any ideas?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 11-12-2017, 12:28 AM Thread Starter

Here's the answer to the above question for those of you that are having the same problem. REPLACE THE BATTERY. I bought one on Amazon, put it in myself and it's working again like it should.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page