Amazon vs Best Buy? - Chromebook Forum : Google Chromebook Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-11-2011, 12:27 PM Thread Starter

Amazon vs Best Buy?

I think I have reason to believe Amazon must have some sort of a good brand name as most people normally prefer to purchase stuff from it.

I am just wondering which of the two Chromebook lovers will prefer?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-11-2011, 12:38 PM

It depends on what I purchase. Something like this, I'd purchase off Best Buy if I either wanted the protection plan, or thought I might take it to the store for either service or a return.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-11-2011, 01:28 PM
Pen

Yeah, I think it'll depend on how people are used to shopping. For myself, I prefer to shop online as I think I can get better deals that way. My parents, however, prefer to shop offline as they like to touch stuff and try it out before they buy it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-11-2011, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pen View Post
Yeah, I think it'll depend on how people are used to shopping. For myself, I prefer to shop online as I think I can get better deals that way. My parents, however, prefer to shop offline as they like to touch stuff and try it out before they buy it.
I was really hoping that Best Buy would have Chromebooks in-store for the launch, it would be nice to be able to "feel" the difference between the two models before having to decide on one.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-11-2011, 02:06 PM

I think you make a really excellent point Dro. I almost wish they would do what they did when the 3D TVs came out and have places like the mall and Wal-mart have booths where you can test them out.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-12-2011, 09:50 AM

I agree with you zora..in fact the fact that you can be able to taste a product before purchasing it would have you going back there all the time.

Now that purchases for Chromebooks will be made online I think people will just have to get used to it.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-12-2011, 11:49 AM

amazon is the largest online retailer and I will definitely trust them with another big ticket electronics purchase. I love the reviews and wide competitor search.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-13-2011, 12:14 PM

I would definitely go with Amazon..I've used it all my life, never had any problems with it, so I've never even tried Best Buy.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-13-2011, 01:17 PM

I'm actually a weird mix of the two. I like being able to test things out in person before I buy them, but when I DO buy them I'll normally buy them online. So if Best Buy did have Chromebooks to test out I'd go there to do that, and then buy one from Amazon if it was the best price.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page