"Chromebook is for people who hate computers" - Chromebook Forum : Google Chromebook Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-12-2011, 02:16 PM Thread Starter

"Chromebook is for people who hate computers"

I quoted that from an article I found today. It is based on the analysis that PCs and laptops are for geeks. So much technical issues to resolve when something malfunctions and not everybody knows how to fix it. So with the coming of Chrome OS, Google will allegedly save the day by eliminating the need for an IT.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-12-2011, 10:35 PM

Hehe, I do not hate computers and I am getting a Chromebook. At the same time I have a couple of friends who hate computers and won't use them. However they are showing interest and want to see my Chromebook when I get it. So in a way that could be true.lp
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-14-2011, 12:30 AM

Lol, I love computers & I'm still getting a Chromebook (when they drop in price of course). They seem better than Macs, which is what I was going to get.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-14-2011, 10:37 AM

I think Chromebooks are for people who like the newest/coolest stuff. I'll never get rid of my computer, but Chromebooks are so convenient.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-14-2011, 01:16 PM

All computers have something go wrong with them eventully, and Chromebooks won't be any exception. In fact, I kinda expect there'll be a lot going wrong with them in the early days, before all the kinks get worked out.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-14-2011, 02:45 PM

i love computers as well but if my mac and the chromebook sync it would be awesome. as then it would all interact and be closely tied, with out having the hasle of file transferring and etc, i love the chromebook idea, but i dont hate computers.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-14-2011, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chroming View Post
I quoted that from an article I found today. It is based on the analysis that PCs and laptops are for geeks. So much technical issues to resolve when something malfunctions and not everybody knows how to fix it. So with the coming of Chrome OS, Google will allegedly save the day by eliminating the need for an IT.
I'm sure they will reduce the need, but not get rid of IT altogether. (or I bettet find another job!)
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-15-2011, 03:26 AM

Quote:
So with the coming of Chrome OS, Google will allegedly save the day by eliminating the need for an IT.
Question: Who, in a corporation, decides what kind of computers the company will be buying?

The answer to this may be very relevant for Google's enterprise model with ChromeOS.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-15-2011, 05:58 PM

The IT people decide. We asked for Chromebooks and were told to go away.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page