Chromebook Forum : Google Chromebook Forums

Chromebook Forum : Google Chromebook Forums (https://www.chromebookforum.com/forum/)
-   Chromebook Forum General Discussion (https://www.chromebookforum.com/forum/2-chromebook-forum-general-discussion/)
-   -   Buy now or wait? (https://www.chromebookforum.com/forum/2-chromebook-forum-general-discussion/407-buy-now-wait.html)

Pen 06-15-2011 01:02 PM

Buy now or wait?
 
I waffled about his for a few weeks, but eventually I decided that I'm going to wait about a month or so before getting a Chromebook, just so there's time for more reviews and whatnot to come out so I can pick the best one. :cool:

But what about you all? Are you going to get a Chromebook right away, or are you going to wait?

Geek 06-15-2011 02:21 PM

Im going to wait, I have an okay working desktop PC and laptop, so im in no rush!

Just like yourself im waiting for ChromeBook reviews to better decide between the Acer or Samsung chromebook.

Have you decided which chromebook you want to get?

Droymac 06-15-2011 02:40 PM

What is it exactly that you are waiting to hear about? I don't think there are any hidden features we don't know about Acer's Chromebook...both models are pretty much identical as far as specs go, it really just boils down to screen size and HDMI vs VGA.

Geek 06-15-2011 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Droymac (Post 2991)
What is it exactly that you are waiting to hear about? I don't think there are any hidden features we don't know about Acer's Chromebook...both models are pretty much identical as far as specs go, it really just boils down to screen size and HDMI vs VGA.

If you ask me, im waiting to hear about chromebook hardware issues. Samsung is a trusted brand and I have experience with their products and it's always good. Acer on the other hand, probably is good too but I stick with what I have faith in.

Who knows maybe the Acer ChromeBook will be better than the Samsung.

You are right about all the information about the chromebooks being out, but now it's about finding hardware issues or anything related.

Pete 06-15-2011 03:50 PM

Would love one now... Hope I win this contest.

SedonaMan 06-15-2011 04:12 PM

I am waiting...
 
I am going to wait a month and check out reviews and stuff. I'd also really like to have a bigger screen so I am going to look for news in that arena as well.

black.pad 06-15-2011 04:42 PM

I would wait till the 2nd generation models come out just for reason being that they can work out major bugs and additional addons as well.

Hanna 06-15-2011 06:25 PM

Yeah, I'm going to wait for a bit before buying one. I know that first gen products tend to have a lot of bugs and hardware issues, like the others have said, and I want to avoid that. Plus, if I wait before buying one maybe the price will go down. :P


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:27 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome