Google Cloud woes. Am I doing something wrong? - Chromebook Forum : Google Chromebook Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 06-09-2013, 09:29 PM Thread Starter

Google Cloud woes. Am I doing something wrong?

Okay, here's the situation.

On my PC, I had a wireless router. In my house I have two wireless (Classic ) laser printers. I could print to both wireless printers wirelessly from the PC.

I added all of my printers on that PC to the Google Cloud service and from that computer everything seems to work like it's supposed to.

Okay, now then...I also have an Acer Chromebook, and decided to put my wireless router in my bedroom, and the PC that it used to be connected to is now in another room to a direct ethernet cable.

Anyway, when I try to print wirelessly using the Google Cloud service, I cannot seem to print from my Google Chromebook. When I try to print wirelessly through Google Cloud on it, the two printers come up gray and say offline, and when I try to print on them in the Manage print area of the Google Cloud printer it says the documents are pending and they stay stuck on that.

So...my questions are...

1. Does the PC that I originally added my printers to the Google Cloud always have to be on and logged into chrome in order to print to my chromebook in the other room?
2. How does the cloud work? What I mean is, as long as a Chromebook could connect to a wireless router, and in the Cloud a wireless printer is listed with the right IP address, shouldn't it print to it?

I just can't figure out what I'm doing wrong.

Help?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 06-11-2013, 07:48 PM

The PC that you added the printer to be used for cloud printing must be logged into google via chrome. To share the printer with multiple google ID's you must add their google ID to the cloud printer authorized list. Then you must accept the cloud printer on each ID and piece of electronics that you want to use cloud printing with. Good Luck- I've been using a $40 Cannon printer and works fine.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page