Will the chromebox sell? - Chromebook Forum : Google Chromebook Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-22-2011, 05:00 PM Thread Starter

Will the chromebox sell?

In my own view, the announcement of the chromebox appeared to be hidden by the major launch of the Chromebook. It is a netbook that looks like a Mac Mini but runs on the same OS.

Do you think the market response will be high?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-22-2011, 06:36 PM
Super Moderator

I don't think the chromebox needs the limelight right now. It is targeted more at corporate customers (you have to buy at least 10), and so the marketing for it will be different.. they are selling to IT dept heads not Joe public. Also right now chromebooks ares shipping, and the chromeboxes aren't.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-22-2011, 06:46 PM

At this point the ChromeBox is a cheap computer for online use only its cheaper in all aspects than mass sold DELL pc's and IBM's. For the price for a WEB only PC allows it to run much smoother and quicker, i think they will sell, given under the right conditions
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-23-2011, 09:42 AM

If a Chromebox gets true GPU Flash acceleration then this would be the best set top box!!

With that said I will buy the first one I can pre order. My son needs a computer for his room and this would be perfect. I am bugging Onlive to move to Chrome OS support so he can play his games in there too. If not I have a micro console that can hook up to the monitor...A true safe computing environment with great flash support for his online sites...Amazing!!

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page