"Chromebook" isn't catchy. Suggest an alternative - Chromebook Forum : Google Chromebook Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-24-2011, 03:35 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

"Chromebook" isn't catchy. Suggest an alternative

In a world where web product names seem to be getting shorter and missing out vowels* to get marginally quicker to type, 'chromebook' doesn't seem like a very catchy handle for a shiny new device.

I abbreviated this to c'ook for the first time a few moments ago and kinda liked it. Does anyone think this could catch on? Do you have a better short name for your c'ook?

*razr, solr, flikr, yslow, bit.ly, yfrog, etc.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-24-2011, 03:51 PM

CrosBook (Chrome OS)?
GBook (Google Book)
I kind of like GBook, actually.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-24-2011, 04:03 PM

Well, I must admit that 'Chromebook' is not really catchy. Somehow, I am sure people will get creative and I agree c'book is not a bad start. I would call it, 'r'book.'
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-24-2011, 04:31 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

"Gbook" (pron. gee-book) is good!
"Cbook" (pron. see-book) is another option too - not quite the same as "c'ook" (pron. cook)

Any more?
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-24-2011, 04:39 PM

Chromebook is a great name and describes the product exactly as it is. A notebook that runs Chrome OS. C'ook looks like an online cooking magazine.

Gbook would set all of the Apple die-hards off, I think Google chose well.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-24-2011, 06:38 PM

I love the name Chromebook..but maybe Cloudbook.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-24-2011, 08:25 PM

I like the name Chromebook too. If I am going to have to vote on one of the suggestions I think I am going to have to go with Gbook.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-25-2011, 02:43 AM

Gbook?

Gbook has a lot going for it. Gmail is ubiquitous, universally recognized and understood. When I mention Chromebook blank stares/long pauses/a while before the reply are the norm. Updating the info from my end ( as in: it's a new form of web access/computing/browsing/apping machine put out by Google ) gets instant responses ( Google is making hardware? ) and a secondary wave of "I googled it, this looks so cool !" My vote is for Gbook

And on to Gpad, Gslate, Gmini and Gkini . How about Ggoggles? That would be the industrial strength version of Gshades, the very hip/super cool new shades with the internal heads-up (in this case heads-sideways) display in the shades, allowing you to look totally cool while doing something productive or looking totally productive and focused ( while wearing the Gnerd model, makes you look like a techhead ) and goofing off on the web.

Any other Gproduct ideas out there?
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-25-2011, 01:43 PM

GBook sounds like G man which is slang for Government person in the tin foil hat community...
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-25-2011, 01:46 PM

I've never liked the name "Chromebook" because it makes me think of some car-related things (something to do with wheels, no doubt). "Gbook" is much better, although I'm sure there'd be the inevitable pervy jokes about it...

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page