Chromebook cloud question - Chromebook Forum : Google Chromebook Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-05-2011, 01:23 PM Thread Starter

Chromebook cloud question

Hello,
This may seem like a newbie question, but I'm getting different answers from different sources, and I thought I would put it to the forum. Can a chromebook access data from a cloud other than Google's? Like the Amazon cloud, of which I am already a member. Amazon support says no, you can't access the amazon cloud drive with chromebook. Any info greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-05-2011, 04:47 PM

I am not sure about that as well but my guess would be that you would only access data from Chromebook only..unless Google and Amazon are working together on this.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-11-2011, 06:23 PM
BWR

The Chromebook can access data from any cloud source that supplies a Chrome OS compatible client. For example, I use Dropbox to store data in the cloud. You can get the Dropbox application from the Chrome Web Store. The only data I have in the Google "cloud" is data that is part of the Google Apps that I use (Gmail, Google Docs, Sites, etc.) and that isn't tied to the Chromebook in any unique way.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-15-2011, 03:57 PM

I want to assume the cloud concept is one that will be entirely developed a few years down the line and we will be looking at where all this started and affirming to the fact that it will have come a long way.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-18-2011, 04:56 PM

The cloud has been around for a long time. I don't know if it is the technology or the people who is keeping the cloud from busting out of its bubble.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page