Acer versus Samsung? - Chromebook Forum : Google Chromebook Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-05-2011, 04:42 PM Thread Starter

Acer versus Samsung?

I read somewhere that users who wanted to purchase the Acer Chromebook would have to wait past the June 25th date.

What necessitated this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-05-2011, 05:22 PM

There has been a lot of speculation. However, in the end it seems that the problem is not with Google, but with Acer. They are having issues that might be leftover from the earthquake or something.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-05-2011, 06:00 PM

I think they have shortages on some of the parts. I know Acer is very invested in getting their Google Chromebooks out, so with patience things should be alright.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-06-2011, 12:58 AM

In some sense, doesn't that place the Samsung model at some sort of vantage position or can we assume that Acer lovers would be patient enough for things to get sorted?
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-06-2011, 06:58 PM
Banned

Really?

Quote:
Originally Posted by homer View Post
There has been a lot of speculation. However, in the end it seems that the problem is not with Google, but with Acer. They are having issues that might be leftover from the earthquake or something.
Really??? I had not heard this! That definitely makes a lot of sense and would explain a lot of things. Do you have any sort of reference I could maybe look up on the matter? And.............

@ Pelloski...........There is no doubt this could give Samsung an advantage especially in that Samsung has already made their product available to the public and are the first to do so. I believe that we are an impatient world who wants what we want, when we want it, and we want it now!!! So in light of "wanting" a Chromebook....well that truly is too bad for Acer However, as an "Acer lover", I can attest to the fact that I will be patient enough to wait for Acer to get their problems (whatever that may be) sorted out......if indeed they are able.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-10-2011, 05:13 PM

It is so hard to tell. Acer is not making it very clear. One week they are saying it is due to a shortage, then we here they are having problems with Microsoft and other companies. My question is has Acer said anything on the books that isn't so vague it is left up to speculation?

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page