Chromebook Forum : Google Chromebook Forums

Chromebook Forum : Google Chromebook Forums (https://www.chromebookforum.com/forum/)
-   Chromebook Forum General Discussion (https://www.chromebookforum.com/forum/2-chromebook-forum-general-discussion/)
-   -   If you don't win a Chromebook are you ready to buy? (https://www.chromebookforum.com/forum/2-chromebook-forum-general-discussion/668-if-you-dont-win-chromebook-you-ready-buy.html)

lull 07-12-2011 03:29 PM

If you don't win a Chromebook are you ready to buy?
 
This is a question for the people on the board who weren't involved in the drama and complaints about the contest. If you don't win, are you all set to buy? I have to wait another month or so before I will have the money :(.

pav 07-12-2011 03:38 PM

good question. even though i am not involved in the drama, I am still pretty upset with the admin..
If i dont win, I indeed am going to buy one.. but I dont want to buy one if in case I win.. so I cant buy one until this stupid contest is over.

Pete 07-12-2011 03:38 PM

I'd wait to see what the landscape looks like in January of next year (I don't need one, but would like one). Prices should be low and a used market might be around already. I'm already seeing Samsung Series 5's on craigslist, but they're often for more than retail.

I'm interested in other manufacturers, too, but the Sammy Series 5 might be tough to beat.

zora 07-12-2011 06:14 PM

Interesting take pete. I was thinking there would be some great Chromebook sales for Christmas, of course I could be wrong. Why would someone pay more for a Chromebook off Craislist? I hope no one falls for that. And yes, I will be buying if I don't win. I just haven't decided between Acer and Samsung yet.

kobe 07-12-2011 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lull (Post 4773)
This is a question for the people on the board who weren't involved in the drama and complaints about the contest. If you don't win, are you all set to buy? I have to wait another month or so before I will have the money :(.

I plan on waiting till next year to buy one before starting theology. It'll be a tough long wait but it's worth it. :)

Dee 07-12-2011 07:31 PM

I totally missed the drama, so that obviously doesn't apply to me. I won't be able to buy a Chromebook for at least a year, unless the price drops dramatically (which I don't foresee at all). But still, I have hope. :)

Ronaldst 07-13-2011 03:40 AM

Can't get a Chromebook where I live. But I want the ASUS one with Kal'el chip.

mrmtampa 07-13-2011 07:44 AM

Yes, I'm going to buy the Samsung wifi around November but I also want the HP WebOS pad and there's no way I can convince my wife that I need two new toys. Of course the Samsung is cheaper so it will win.

cloudyone 07-13-2011 08:49 AM

Yes, at some point. I think I might wait until August or September tho' to see if other manufacturers jump in*. Assuming my ability to control my techno-lust lasts that long! :p Probably will pay the extra for the Sam 5 with 3G as I appreciate good build quality and the additional connectivity option.

*ideally I'd wait for an ARM version with super battery life, but who knows how long that will be if ever. :rolleyes:

righteyeofra 07-13-2011 12:07 PM

I agree with Cloudyone. I want to wait until the ARM version comes out with a lower price and longer battery life... but to be honest I don't think I can wait...


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:45 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome