If you don't win a Chromebook are you ready to buy? - Chromebook Forum : Google Chromebook Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-12-2011, 04:29 PM Thread Starter

If you don't win a Chromebook are you ready to buy?

This is a question for the people on the board who weren't involved in the drama and complaints about the contest. If you don't win, are you all set to buy? I have to wait another month or so before I will have the money .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-12-2011, 04:38 PM
pav

good question. even though i am not involved in the drama, I am still pretty upset with the admin..
If i dont win, I indeed am going to buy one.. but I dont want to buy one if in case I win.. so I cant buy one until this stupid contest is over.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-12-2011, 04:38 PM

I'd wait to see what the landscape looks like in January of next year (I don't need one, but would like one). Prices should be low and a used market might be around already. I'm already seeing Samsung Series 5's on craigslist, but they're often for more than retail.

I'm interested in other manufacturers, too, but the Sammy Series 5 might be tough to beat.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-12-2011, 07:14 PM

Interesting take pete. I was thinking there would be some great Chromebook sales for Christmas, of course I could be wrong. Why would someone pay more for a Chromebook off Craislist? I hope no one falls for that. And yes, I will be buying if I don't win. I just haven't decided between Acer and Samsung yet.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-12-2011, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lull View Post
This is a question for the people on the board who weren't involved in the drama and complaints about the contest. If you don't win, are you all set to buy? I have to wait another month or so before I will have the money .
I plan on waiting till next year to buy one before starting theology. It'll be a tough long wait but it's worth it.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-12-2011, 08:31 PM
Dee

I totally missed the drama, so that obviously doesn't apply to me. I won't be able to buy a Chromebook for at least a year, unless the price drops dramatically (which I don't foresee at all). But still, I have hope.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-13-2011, 04:40 AM

Can't get a Chromebook where I live. But I want the ASUS one with Kal'el chip.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-13-2011, 08:44 AM

Yes, I'm going to buy the Samsung wifi around November but I also want the HP WebOS pad and there's no way I can convince my wife that I need two new toys. Of course the Samsung is cheaper so it will win.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-13-2011, 09:49 AM

Yes, at some point. I think I might wait until August or September tho' to see if other manufacturers jump in*. Assuming my ability to control my techno-lust lasts that long! Probably will pay the extra for the Sam 5 with 3G as I appreciate good build quality and the additional connectivity option.

*ideally I'd wait for an ARM version with super battery life, but who knows how long that will be if ever.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-13-2011, 01:07 PM

I agree with Cloudyone. I want to wait until the ARM version comes out with a lower price and longer battery life... but to be honest I don't think I can wait...

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page