Netflix Plugin now in Beta Channel - Chromebook Forum : Google Chromebook Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-01-2011, 09:09 AM Thread Starter

Netflix Plugin now in Beta Channel

It still isn't working but has hit 1.0. Which is up from 0.6 in the Dev channel. Also showed up for Mario now too. Sounds like the CR-48 will get Netflix as well as Samsung.

Now hopefully it will hit Stable Channels and Netflix will flip the switch! It would be nice to see the performance vs. Flash Hulu!!

Link to article:

Netflix plugin for ChromeOS hits v1.0.2, is an official release around the corner? -- Engadget
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-01-2011, 10:23 AM
Super Moderator

What is netflix's streaming catalogue like?

We have lovefilm here in the UK, but while they offer a decent DVD postal service they have a very limited online selection. To make it worse, the few new movies that you can stream aren't part of the packages - they cost £3.50 pay per view. We're stuck with that until netflix arrive next year.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-01-2011, 10:31 AM Thread Starter

Netflix is awesome. You pay one cost per month just to stream. They have new movies and old. Only thing that kinda stinks is some of them are only 480p. On the bright side there is more and more 720 content. Even films that won Oscars: Winter Bone, The Fighter, and such. Overall for 10 bucks a month it is a steal.

Right now everyone is made that Streaming and Physical are going to be separate but for people like me (no Cable TV) it is still a great deal!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-01-2011, 03:32 PM

Yes, another reason for me to get a Chromebook .
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-01-2011, 06:13 PM

Another reason for me to get a Chromebook too. I love to stream, and any package that lets me pay a cost per month would just be awesome.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-05-2011, 04:10 PM
Moe

Awesome, this is the piece of news I am waiting for. I watch Netflix almost every single night and that was the deal breaker for me. Once Netflix works on the Chromebook I will be in paridise.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page