Chromebooks all over the world - Chromebook Forum : Google Chromebook Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-02-2011, 05:22 PM Thread Starter

Chromebooks all over the world

I read somewhere that Google cannot yet sell the Chromebooks to their neighbors Canada and also that parts of Asia seem not to be in the list too.

Assuming Google has every good intention in doing this, do you anticipate Chromebooks soon becoming an international fad?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-02-2011, 06:29 PM

That's weird. Why wouldn't Google sell to their neighbor? I already have got a problem understanding why they wouldn't sell in Asia but Canada, Why? Wouldn't it be good if Chromebook would be available worldwide?
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-02-2011, 08:22 PM

I knew that they were not selling in many parts of Asia, but I had no idea that Chromebooks were not selling in Canada. Does anyone know the reason behind this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-02-2011, 09:41 PM

That is weird. I don't know why for sure but if I were going to take a guess I would say it is because the interment and telecom industries are different their, but who knows.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-03-2011, 12:47 AM

Even if the internet and telecom industries are different, isn't their a way this can be rectified? I am imagining all those folks really anticipating to have the Chromebooks but having nothing to do all the same.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-03-2011, 11:09 PM

BenBarker, what's interment got to do with a Chromebook?
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-05-2011, 01:48 PM

I am sure there is. I know a few Canadians who bought a Chromebook and took it to Canada. I guess it works just fine for them, otherwise why would they buy it? I bet it has something to do with profit margins.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-05-2011, 02:13 PM

That was a typo, I meant internet. Sorry about that, it's to bad we can't go back and edit our posts because I've just looked it up. Quoting from Google Search, the definition of interment is "The burial of a corpse in a grave or tomb, typically with funeral rites." If that has anything to do with why Canada hasn't got the Chromebook, well I would be quite shocked.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-05-2011, 06:35 PM

The internet and telecom industries are basically the same in both countries, it just depends on where your located. I'm in a big city in Canada so the internet is fast here is a example: http://www.speedtest.net/result/1419295248.png
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-07-2011, 05:43 AM

Ben, English seems to be a really diverse language to the extent that a little typo makes a whole difference. Having the Chromebooks the world over will be such a big advantage.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page