Chromebooks: The Waiting is the Hardest Part - Chromebook Forum : Google Chromebook Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-20-2011, 10:27 AM Thread Starter
Administrator

Chromebooks: The Waiting is the Hardest Part

The most frequently asked question posed to me so far in reference to the Chromebook is: what happens when there's no Internet? Read more

More...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-20-2011, 01:03 PM

I would load my ChromeBook with offline apps in case of anything like this happens. The chromebook is near useless with no internet.

What apps would you guys go for?

- Angry Birds is on my list, still trying to find some more googlechrome apps
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-24-2011, 07:32 PM

I still haven't played Angry Birds. But I would want some kind of offline document app, photo viewing app and other stuff like that. I always have internet, so when I hear the question what happens when there is no internet I have more of a dooms day answer.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-25-2011, 12:34 AM
Dee

The "store" has a lot of free apps available. My two top game apps that I plan to get are Angry Birds and Entanglement. Both of them will play offline once you have them installed.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-28-2011, 10:41 AM

I can't name a time I really want to use my computer with out the net. I never do programming on a laptop...keyboards are not that great..esp compared to my Wave.

Most the time with I get on my Laptop it is for AIM, SKYPE, IMDB or posting on here nowadays...
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-05-2011, 01:20 PM

When there is no internet, I would use my regular laptop. I think Chromebook is not a replacement. Although I use internet 99% of the time when the internet is not down, I would love to be able to write for my blogs when I'm offline.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-05-2011, 03:38 PM

Lately, I have been so much addicted to the net that I find it pretty boring to sit without the net in the house. If there is no net, I see no need of having the Chromebook on.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-06-2011, 10:52 AM

Good Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloggie View Post
When there is no internet, I would use my regular laptop. I think Chromebook is not a replacement. Although I use internet 99% of the time when the internet is not down, I would love to be able to write for my blogs when I'm offline.
I think most of us here have our own computers. And many of us have our own laptops. So while we wait we would just have to use both the Google Chromebook and our regular laptop.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-06-2011, 01:50 PM

I do almost everything online. The only thing I haven't done was managed my photos. Now I am thinking about using Picasa. Still, I think I would like to be able to manage them through Picasa offline.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-18-2011, 09:57 AM

The point of chromebook is to get away from Windows though.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page