Google Chromebook Forums banner

They're on sale! :D :D :D

11K views 18 replies 16 participants last post by  russcasey 
#1 ·
#5 ·
The Acer chromebook does look a bit old school/outdated, not what you would expect with a brand new product. But the Samsung Chromebook looks really nice and the two color options give you best of both worlds.

Titan Silver Samsung Chromebook has a professional look to it.
White Samsung Chromebook stands out and reminds me of a apple product, good look for the younger crowd.

#6 ·
I don't think that this is much of a deal. Looking at the specs, it is comparable to a Netbook. The pricing should be around $200. If you already have a netbook, you can download the Chrome OS and install it to test it out. For close to $400, you should be able to get at least a Core I3 or Core I5 processor with your laptop.

#7 ·
HDMI is a pretty pointless thing to go after for a laptop like this, Unless you're rocking a system that can handle hd quality things better, a chromebook doesn't have the graphics card or screen to bring HD truely alive. I realize that an additional monitor can change this but I don't see myself jumping for a new monitor for a laptop like this. Kinda defeats the purpose of it being small and all.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.