Chromebook Forum : Google Chromebook Forums - View Single Post - Ubuntu on acer c720 ? (mainly for skype support)
View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 06-23-2014, 03:57 AM
Robbie Dalziel
Super Moderator

Not certain....

I'm obviously not certain about this, but if one can imagine, that 16GBs were considered to be the right amount of storage space, to entertain the Chromebook OS on its own, do you not think that splitting the HD into two, to run Ubunto and Skype, would push resources beyond desired limits...

I wish you all the luck in the world, but generally speaking, if you want something that will work efficiently and per se ~ wouldn't a standard laptop have been a better choice???

The emergence of the Chromebook (in all its standard 'quirky' glory) filled a big gap in the market... Is there really a need to twist it out of shape and then bend it over backwards in an attempt to create something that was never meant to be...

Give Google a bit more time and I'm sure if something resembling Skype (in ITS own glory) can be represented on the CB, the 'G' boys will promptly press all the right buttons....

Robbie....

We can only survive on this earth, as long as we're able to serve the purpose for which we came here...

Therein lies the £64,000 dollar question: 'What might that be'???

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome