Google Chromebook Forums banner

Who has purchased a Chromebook?

60K views 80 replies 52 participants last post by  Tim-APCR 
#1 ·
It will be great to see who actually has purchased (and received) their Chromebook.

Details of where you bought, ship-date, etc. would be cool!

#39 ·
One day with Chromebook!

I must say that I love the machine. It is as fast as a chrome browser. It loads fast. It does everything I need. I spent the past two weeks trying to notice what I do not do online. I already do most everything online. The exceptions are uploading pics from a camera and uploading music to Amazon MP3, both things might be able to be done, I have not tried yet.

The one issue I have had is getting to used to the smaller screen, large track pad, multi-touch on track pad, and the tricks of the OS, like using the file manager. All of these are comparisons to my Dell Laptop, which has a 15 inch screen, small track pad, terrible track pad, and it is Windows 7. I will get used to these things quick I think.

#42 ·
Received my Titan Silver 3g on the 27th of June and loved it every since. Boot times are awesome, runs cool and I have been using it off and on ever since on one full full charge. I haven't configured the 3g as of yet. Waiting until I return home. Hoping that I can tie it to my existing Verizon account without exposing another credit card.

#44 ·
I'm quite happy with my white 3G so far. I ordered a silver WiFi from Amazon on June 25th, and got an availability date of Aug 2nd! I couldn't wait that long so I checked out ebay. Got an unopened white 3G for just a few dollars over Amazon price, but shipping was free so I broke even. I have been able to do everything I did on my Windows OS except watch Netflix, which is coming. I even found a way to have a "desktop" background using the theme generator I found in the app store. My full size mouse/keyboard work fine off the USB port, and I was able to load a few pic for the aforementioned theme generator froma USB drive as well. The only "complaints" I have are both related to the trackpad, and both are probably user and not equipment related. I have found the pad doesnt track well sometimes, which is probably related to the settings I have to tinker with. Also, there is no "right click" that I have been able to find. It works with the mouse, but not the pad. Again, its probably related to inexperience rather than a defect. I do have a poor experience, but its with the Samsung site. I tried to register the Chromebook for the warranty, and on the registration page the Chromebook is not an option. I emailed customer service and they suggested I reload the page after clearing the cache, or try from a different browser. Neither worked. :confused:

#47 ·
Received samsung chromebook yesterday. Getting used to it since I haven't had a laptop (yes, it is a laptop) for 5 months due to hard drive failure (3rd time I've had to junk a windows laptop due to hard drive). I've been using a 7in android tablet, and chromebook is 200% better. Light, great screen, plays music and video online and offline, and renders websites beautifully
. Battery life is great and boot up is as advertised. Still looking for networking and file management, but love it so far.

#48 ·
Got mine today...

Ordered it yesterday (7/7/11) around noon and it showed up today (7/8/11) at the house. Gotta love Amazon's shipping department.

Samsung 5g Black 3g.

I didn't realize that the 100mb of 3g for two years was included. While it's not much data, I'm normally connected via WiFi anyway, so it is probably enough data. Just trying to figure out how to determine how much data I've used.

Trackpad, meh, I normally use a wireless mouse with my laptops. So, I took my USB dongle and put it in the ChomeBook and it worked flawlessly. I haven't decided if I like the trackpad yet or not. It is taking some time to re-train my fingers to press 'into the pad' for a click. It would have been nice if the the trackpad tutorial would have described the two-finger press for a right click. Figured it through fiddling with it though.

It would be perfect if it had Bluetooth; just so I can connect my wireless headset to it. I tried a Bluetooth dongle and it didn't work, I didn't really expect it to work though.

The keyboard has a decent feel to it. The keys give a decent amount of resistance and the keys are spaced nicely.

So, after about 4 hours of using it. I'm happy with it.

Sean

#55 ·
Ordered June 1st from gilt.com (thanks to google for emailing me those details) came in on the 8th. Brought it to verizon that night to try getting it added onto my plan and they were clueless as to what it was and what to do with it. Even worse for them (hilarious for me though) was that i brought it in at one of their busiest times and all the customers were looking at me funny and the chromebook weirdly after i got all excited and my inner geek came majorly out. :D

#61 ·
@jtzeyes. I bought WiFi and 3G in UK but 4G not coming here for a while. But even 3G is not a major factor for me as I expect to use the Chromebooks mainly in WiFi hot spot areas, home, office, coffee shop, etc. If you expect to need 3G or 4G substantially and 4G around corner, you might wait but no Chromebook with 4G yet announced.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.