Chromebook Forum : Google Chromebook Forums

Chromebook Forum : Google Chromebook Forums (https://www.chromebookforum.com/forum/)
-   Samsung Series 5 Chromebook 12.1" Forum (https://www.chromebookforum.com/forum/4-samsung-series-5-chromebook-12-1-forum/)
-   -   how to make an audio recording (https://www.chromebookforum.com/forum/4-samsung-series-5-chromebook-12-1-forum/1271-how-make-audio-recording.html)

cornopean 02-08-2012 03:14 PM

how to make an audio recording

can anyone help me figure out how to make an audio recording with my chromebook? I tried the aviary sound editor but it doesn't work. I think it uses java which obviously is a no go. any other ideas?

guidol 02-08-2012 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cornopean (Post 6548)
can anyone help me figure out how to make an audio recording with my chromebook? I tried the aviary sound editor but it doesn't work. I think it uses java which obviously is a no go. any other ideas?

why the same question as in the other forum (where I did write my/the anwer)?
can you make an audio recording?

cornopean 02-08-2012 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by guidol (Post 6549)
why the same question as in the other forum (where I did write my/the anwer)?
can you make an audio recording?

apologies. I thot this was a different forum.

alhanson 02-08-2012 05:33 PM

The problem is you can't save the file to ChromeBook. What i would do is to look for a lite audio recording software like "app" that would run off a flash/zip drive or SD card. Install the lite app on the zip from a regular PC and see if you can get ChromeBook to run it. You can save the recording to the zip drive (main problem) I am waiting for them to come out with a ChromeBook with SD drives on the bottom of chrome book just for this. Thus one would mount a SD drive to run Apps on ChromeBook and have off line storage on the drive too.

guidol 02-09-2012 04:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alhanson (Post 6551)
I am waiting for them to come out with a ChromeBook with SD drives on the bottom of chrome book just for this. Thus one would mount a SD drive to run Apps on ChromeBook and have off line storage on the drive too.

The Samsung has already a SD-Slot in the front, but there you could only store Music and Videos for using it offline with the mediaplayer.

A Offline-App-"Cache" for Web-Applications isnt inplemented at this time :(
and some other Web-Apps (like TiddlyWiki) couldnt save, because they didnt got the right to access the SD-Card for saving.

cornopean 02-09-2012 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by guidol (Post 6553)
The Samsung has already a SD-Slot in the front, but there you could only store Music and Videos for using it offline with the mediaplayer.

A Offline-App-"Cache" for Web-Applications isnt inplemented at this time :(
and some other Web-Apps (like TiddlyWiki) couldnt save, because they didnt got the right to access the SD-Card for saving.

so I can record something....but I can't save it? seriously? :confused:

bgibson135 04-12-2013 04:32 PM

This Flash/Flex based audio recorder app worked fine on my Samsung Chromebook. And, save to USB drive for local. Dennie Hoopingarner's Technology Showcase

annacooper84 04-14-2013 11:33 PM

I don't know that chromebook can make an udio call. I JUST USE SOFTWARE TO RECORD AUDIO.