Printer and other peripherals - Page 2 - Chromebook Forum : Google Chromebook Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-02-2011, 05:58 AM

Printers will likely work , but other USB devices maybe a problem. If its anything like linux few of the generic MP3 players may connect . Also newer HTC smart phones with their window mobile OS with no external memory slots could be annoying , as it needs Zune if u want to connect to it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-02-2011, 07:31 AM

Surely Google understands the needs of everyone these days to be able to connect all of their devices. I am pretty sure we will be able to do everything on a ChromeBook.
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-02-2011, 12:50 PM

It looks like you can print but it will take some time to get new products to the market to make it effortless as with a MS product today.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-08-2011, 10:12 PM

If I win one, I don't think I'll worry about the limitations!
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-09-2011, 09:51 PM

Local Network Printer?

I obtained an early Samsung Chromebook from Gilt and am a little disappointed there is no information about using a local wireless network printer. I see the cloud print option, but I would rather just keep the network traffic local to my LAN (and not have to buy something new). Is there a way to just configure my local TCP/IP printer (like we can in Linux)?
post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-09-2012, 11:42 AM

Will wifi acer load a Virgin Mobile Broadband usb dongal?
post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-09-2012, 07:26 PM

Not that I know of... We have an older HP wireless printer and a single Windows notebook. I setup Google Cloud print and we can easily print from either of our two Chromebooks as the Windows computer is turned on. If you don't like that I have a feeling you'll be sneaker-netting your documents to another computer. There are wireless printers that are Google Cloud printer ready out of the box and that seems like the route to go when you do a printer replacement. As far as I know there is no way to install local printer or scanner to a Chromebook - storage seems like the only easy device to attach. ChromeOS follows the old KISS approach and I like it that way...

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page