Samsung Chromebook Series 5 pricing - Page 3 - Chromebook Forum : Google Chromebook Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-04-2011, 10:26 AM

Send a message via AIM to xuguangxue Send a message via MSN to xuguangxue
Quote:
Originally Posted by ih8mac View Post
just a heads up for those of you that are interested. Finally found pricing on samsung's chromebook series 5. No word yet on availability. Pricing is $429.99 for the wifi only model and $499.99 for the 3g version. As an extra bonus for 3g users verizon is offering 100mb of free access for the first two years. Im assuming this is if you get it from verizon and its 100mb per month.
我在中国,怎么办
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-08-2011, 07:27 AM

Price Drops

I believe the price will drop soon after release. I do not believe the Chromebook will sellout.
post #23 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-08-2011, 10:10 PM

Seems like a lot of money when you can buy a full-fledged laptop for the same price.
post #24 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-15-2011, 12:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arch View Post
Seems like a lot of money when you can buy a full-fledged laptop for the same price.
That all depends on what you are looking for in a laptop. For me, I prefer quick boots, hassle free updates, and not having to worry about using separate programs for different virus types. I'm not a hardcore gamer, Angry Birds does me just fine...and I have my Galaxy S 4G for higher-end games when I'm in the mood. Not to mention the 4G connection I can tether from my handset as opposed to Verizon's 3G option. I use Mog + Google Music for all of my music needs, and Aviary has an impressive photo editing suite available via Chrome Web Store.

Chromebooks aren't for everyone, but they are for a lot more people than even ourselves realize.
post #25 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-15-2011, 04:02 PM

Pricing seems a bit high IMO. Should be more in line with Netbook prices like MSI Winds. $250-300.
post #26 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-16-2011, 01:57 PM

Sorry if this is already answered, but does the 3G version also include WiFi? The pricing on Amazon really does not state both WiFi and 3g on the 3g model.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page