Samsung Chromebook will fail - Chromebook Forum : Google Chromebook Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 56 (permalink) Old 05-14-2011, 09:45 AM Thread Starter

Samsung Chromebook will fail

I'm sorry guys but the Samsung Chromebook will be a market failure - yet another. The market has already spoken and they want either powerful notebooks (ie. Macbook Pro, or 15" or 17" screens) or a tablet. It either has to work for serious business computing, or be super-portable (tablet) .... this is neither. It is another class of netbook that nobody wants.

Please re-think and give us a powerful Chromebook with a 15" or 17" screen, HDMI output, 128gb SSD, and lots of goodies.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 56 (permalink) Old 05-14-2011, 11:58 AM

I am just wondering, will the fact that the screen do not yet measure either 15" or 17" contribute to its failure? I think there is the advantage of speed and simplicity.
post #3 of 56 (permalink) Old 05-14-2011, 02:31 PM

I think Google is actually totally right... people want a compact laptop, not a tablet.... I think Apple is just a hype and fad machine. Google has the right idea for what people need.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 56 (permalink) Old 05-15-2011, 05:52 PM

How much more powerful can you get than the "cloud".

Jim
post #5 of 56 (permalink) Old 05-16-2011, 02:07 PM

I think the Chromebook is going to surprise a lot of people, the best way we can help is too adopt early.
post #6 of 56 (permalink) Old 05-16-2011, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon88 View Post
I'm sorry guys but the Samsung Chromebook will be a market failure - yet another. The market has already spoken and they want either powerful notebooks (ie. Macbook Pro, or 15" or 17" screens) or a tablet. It either has to work for serious business computing, or be super-portable (tablet) .... this is neither. It is another class of netbook that nobody wants.

Please re-think and give us a powerful Chromebook with a 15" or 17" screen, HDMI output, 128gb SSD, and lots of goodies.

i would have to disagree with you on this one, where as it is an ultra portable net book, and also you look at price for what you get. The Chrome Books are $400 and under! meanwhile the macs start from 999.99 and up! way different price range, and as for the specs you require, esp since SSD's are not exactly cheap yet either.
post #7 of 56 (permalink) Old 05-19-2011, 09:31 AM

I see here: Full Chromebook Specs and Pricing Now Available on Amazon that the acer is cheaper than the samsung and the acer has pretty similar specs to it. For me I'm going with the acer until I see something with better specs and cheaper price.
post #8 of 56 (permalink) Old 05-19-2011, 05:59 PM

Yeah, the Samsung is prettier but the Acer Chromebook is probably the better first choice.
post #9 of 56 (permalink) Old 05-19-2011, 09:19 PM

The acer chromebook will no fail
i think it will do great in the market
so many people just buy the newest
it will be a great hit until something newer comes out
post #10 of 56 (permalink) Old 05-20-2011, 09:24 AM

The Acer has HDMI which will be a BIG thing for most users.... no idea why they didn't include a media slot though. That seems just plain silly.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page