Who has purchased a Chromebook? - Page 2 - Chromebook Forum : Google Chromebook Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 81 (permalink) Old 06-17-2011, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdlviper View Post
I'm wondering if I should change my BestBuy.com order to an Amazon order.... my Bestbuy order is "backordered" and won't ship for another 10 days
I was just looking at the Samsung Chromebook Series 5 on Amazon and according to them all they can ship out at the moment is the Samsung Series 5 3G Chromebook (Arctic White) which arrives within 1 to 2 months.

The following can be pre-ordered from Amazon since it's still not released yet:

- Samsung Series 5 3G Chromebook (Titan Silver)
- Samsung Series 5 Wi-Fi Chromebook (Titan Silver)
- Samsung Series 5 Wi-Fi Chromebook (Arctic White)
- Acer AC700 Chromebook (3G)
- Acer AC700 Chromebook (Wi-Fi)

I would stick with Best Buy, waiting 10 days sounds a lot better than waiting for a ChromeBook that will ship within 1 to 2 months!

BTW, which ChromeBook did you order?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 81 (permalink) Old 06-17-2011, 01:43 PM

I am interested but will win the contest! Positive thinking right? I like all I've read so far. Will keep updated pro's & con's on blog.
post #13 of 81 (permalink) Old 06-17-2011, 03:19 PM

ChromeBook and Cloud Computing must really be great ideas if there's all this legal fuss about the "chrome" name. Well, I'd still like to buy a ChromeBook but I don't want to get caught in the corporate crossfire just now. I'll keep watching this Forum and the news in general. Maybe this situation will get sorted out in the Fall.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 81 (permalink) Old 06-17-2011, 04:06 PM
Banned

Review?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Droymac View Post
I will have a hands-on review in a few hours after I have my Series 5 all set up.
Hi Droymac! I have been waiting to read your review but can't find it. Have you posted a review yet and if so, where? Thanks!
post #15 of 81 (permalink) Old 06-18-2011, 07:08 PM

Which will get the arctic white samsung wifi chromebook first, best buy or amazon?
post #16 of 81 (permalink) Old 06-19-2011, 04:26 AM

I just posted a review for my new Chromebook. Been playing with a few days now, pretty cool machine. Check out the review at Chromebookguy.com
post #17 of 81 (permalink) Old 06-19-2011, 10:27 AM

OK, I now have Chromebook envy!!

Thanks for the review. I installed the SourceKit app in Chrome but I wish I didn't need a Dropbox account; it seems counter intuitive.

I can't wait to see a more robust File Manager. That could be a deal breaker for some corporate users.
post #18 of 81 (permalink) Old 06-20-2011, 07:00 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmtampa View Post
OK, I now have Chromebook envy!!

Thanks for the review.
My Chromebook envy has been brewing for days and then after reading the awesome review stated above, my Chromebook envy became full-on fledged I just can't hardly wait to get a brand new Chromebook of my very own and to give my daughter's Compaq (YUCK) laptop back to her!

Please, please, please Mr./Miss Chromebookforum.com contest judges/admins, PICK ME to be 1 of the 3 lucky winners who win a Samsung Series 5 Chromebook
post #19 of 81 (permalink) Old 06-20-2011, 09:26 AM

Struggling with the wait. Almost cancelled order, and bought one of the new Samsung tablets. Leaving this Saturday for two weeks and unless I change the shipping destination....I will have to cancel. I'll wait until the middle of the week and make the final decision. I already have a nice sleeve waiting, and really wanted this for my trip. Early adopters pay the price in many ways. But, most of the time the joy out ways the cost.
post #20 of 81 (permalink) Old 06-20-2011, 09:57 AM

Couldn't stand it. Called Amazon again and the rep stated that he didn't foresee it shipping within the next 2-3 weeks (titan silver/3g).

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page