Chromebook Forum : Google Chromebook Forums

Chromebook Forum : Google Chromebook Forums (https://www.chromebookforum.com/forum/)
-   Samsung Series 5 Chromebook 12.1" Forum (https://www.chromebookforum.com/forum/4-samsung-series-5-chromebook-12-1-forum/)
-   -   Who has purchased a Chromebook? (https://www.chromebookforum.com/forum/4-samsung-series-5-chromebook-12-1-forum/423-who-has-purchased-chromebook.html)

Jason 06-28-2011 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by firegeek (Post 3889)
My Samsung Titan Silver 3g is supposed to be delivered today!

Once you get it...Upload some pics of your unboxing! Contrats!! I look forward to reading your impressions!

Ken 06-29-2011 06:30 AM

In the beginning I had an IBM PC clone. No hard drive, could not afford it. Now I have a chromebook and don't need one. Am I dating myself?

mrmtampa 06-29-2011 07:50 AM

My first PC clone was a Tandy 1000HD; 640k, 10mb HD. I had to explain to the salesman at Radio Shack why I needed so much memory, and show him how to install it.

Reed8419 07-01-2011 07:13 PM

I just unpacked my Samsung Series 5. This thing is sexy. That is really the only way that I can describe it. Took a second to figure out how to sync it with my google account, you have to turn on the sync in your home chrome browser. Once I did that everything instantly showed up on my browser. I really enjoy in the track bad and didn't have a problem getting used to the techniques that it requires. Honestly I prefer it to most other track pads that I have used. I do agree that since I already used Chrome browser that made the transition that much better, but even if you are not familiar it won't take long to get adjusted. LOVE IT!

brawley 07-02-2011 09:41 AM

I received my Samsung Chromebook (Wi-Fi, white) from Amazon yesterday. So far it works great.

obxvt 07-02-2011 09:54 AM

I can't wait till it gets here!!

obxvt 07-02-2011 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rdlviper (Post 3107)
It will be great to see who actually has purchased (and received) their Chromebook.

Details of where you bought, ship-date, etc. would be cool!

Ordered June 25. Shipped July 1, am tracking it...it is getting closer.....I can't wait!!!!

obxvt 07-02-2011 10:09 AM

Me again and I'm not even trying to win! I'm just so excited! Tracking it....it is at my hometown post office, but I'm betting due to the holiday weekend won't get here till Tuesday. Don't know if I can stand it!

samwcook 07-02-2011 12:17 PM

One day with Chromebook!

I must say that I love the machine. It is as fast as a chrome browser. It loads fast. It does everything I need. I spent the past two weeks trying to notice what I do not do online. I already do most everything online. The exceptions are uploading pics from a camera and uploading music to Amazon MP3, both things might be able to be done, I have not tried yet.

The one issue I have had is getting to used to the smaller screen, large track pad, multi-touch on track pad, and the tricks of the OS, like using the file manager. All of these are comparisons to my Dell Laptop, which has a 15 inch screen, small track pad, terrible track pad, and it is Windows 7. I will get used to these things quick I think.

obxvt 07-02-2011 01:16 PM

OH BOY! It just got here. Amazon shipped it yesterday and I got it today!!!! Didn't pay for extra fast shipping or anything. It is updating now.......