Bought refurbished, can't sign in - Chromebook Forum : Google Chromebook Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-22-2013, 09:15 PM Thread Starter

Bought refurbished, can't sign in

Hello everyone,

My Samsung Series 5 came in today but I'm having problems. When I booted it up, it took me to the setup screen where it asked my language, keyboard style, and network connection. For the longest time, I could not find a network connection. So I closed the Chromebook, waited 10-15 minutes and then when I opened it back up I saw all the WiFi internet connections available. I connected, went through a few more steps, and then I'm to a screen that is asking for a network connection again. This time I've tried everything and it does not pick up any WiFi signals.

Any advice? Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-22-2013, 11:26 PM

Don't buy refurbished? Sorry...
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-19-2013, 03:10 PM

I have purchased many refurbished electronic devices over the years and generally have been pleased....... but I also purchased a refurbished Samsung Chromebook last week from the BestBuy WEB page. When it arrived I discovered they had sent the wrong power cord that would not plug in the unit. I went directly to the local BestBuy and after some initial drama with a worthless Geek Squad guy I asked for the manager. He pulled the correct cord from stock and plugged it in to test it. The Chromebok wouldn't boot up. The manager was so embarrassed, he pulled a new unit from stock for a even swap. Refurbished items can be a solid deal in many occasions, but evidently, not from BestBuy!

D
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-19-2013, 03:14 PM

At some point it ask for your wireless network password to be entered. It recognized your network, but I believe it must have the password the first time to connect. Have you entered the password?

D

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page