BestBuy Samsung Chromebook on "BackOrder" now - Chromebook Forum : Google Chromebook Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-17-2011, 09:18 AM Thread Starter
Administrator

BestBuy Samsung Chromebook on "BackOrder" now

My order for a number of Samsung Series 5 Chromebooks WiFi-only appears to have been placed on backorder. I placed the order on June 15 on BestBuy.com and its already backordered, with an expecting ship-date of June 23rd or later.

Is this a sign the Chromebooks are selling well? Or are there major production capacity issues? I noticed the Acer's are also late.... beginning to think the software wasn't ready on-time, and it slowed up production of the machines.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-17-2011, 09:33 AM

It could be that demand was higher than expected. That's my guess. Software shouldn't have stopped anything. I don't think Google had any reservations about shipping these things while promising to work on the system through the summer for Netflix and offline Docs, etc.

Otherwise, there might be a manufacturing shortage... My bet is that demand is higher than expected.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-17-2011, 10:24 AM

Not sure what's going on, but Best Buy told me orders are being shipped between June 21-25 and there's stock in the warehouse.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-20-2011, 09:27 AM

Amazon shows the White Samsung Series 5 3G in stock but all other models (including Acer) as pre-order. I wonder if Best Buy is in the same boat. I ordered the Silver Samsung Series 5 3G on 6/17 and my order was immediately backordered.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-20-2011, 02:39 PM

Glad i ordered from Amazon. Placed an order on Thursday and got it on friday.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-21-2011, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancer033 View Post
Glad i ordered from Amazon. Placed an order on Thursday and got it on friday.
Lancer, what specs did you order? White?
It seems like the white Samsung 3g is shipping OK. All others are delayed.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-22-2011, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chromed View Post
Lancer, what specs did you order? White?
It seems like the white Samsung 3g is shipping OK. All others are delayed.
yeah, i wanted to have the 3G option for when i'm traveling, didn't care about the color.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-23-2011, 05:07 PM

Send a message via MSN to modder
So the 3G's are shipping? I may just buckle and pay the extra to get my hands on it!

post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-23-2011, 07:01 PM

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdlviper View Post
My order for a number of Samsung Series 5 Chromebooks WiFi-only appears to have been placed on backorder. I placed the order on June 15 on BestBuy.com and its already backordered, with an expecting ship-date of June 23rd or later.

Is this a sign the Chromebooks are selling well? Or are there major production capacity issues? I noticed the Acer's are also late.... beginning to think the software wasn't ready on-time, and it slowed up production of the machines.

I purchased mine from a recommended blog site (I'm not sure if posting the site is okay from this forum site, oh well...) click here. I'm just waiting for my order since I like the new laptop cloud based better than other Linux based laptops; I was also one of the beta testers for Cr-48.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-23-2011, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnvicencio View Post
I purchased mine from a recommended blog site (I'm not sure if posting the site is okay from this forum site, oh well...) click here. I'm just waiting for my order since I like the new laptop cloud based better than other Linux based laptops; I was also one of the beta testers for Cr-48.
Ugh I posted the wrong link.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page