Amazon Chromebook on backorder as well - Chromebook Forum : Google Chromebook Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-17-2011, 09:21 AM Thread Starter
Administrator

Amazon Chromebook on backorder as well

It looks like BestBuy isn't the only one with a shortage on the Chromebooks. I just called up Amazon to see if they could ship me a Samsung Series 5, and the answer was "yes we'd love to, but they are not in-stock" .... after pressing for an answer, and threatening to not order through them, they told me the expected ship-date is now June 27th!

Ouch.

I hope Google, Samsung and Acer get their act together soon. This is not the type of launch that the Chromebook needed
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-17-2011, 10:41 AM

Agreed, I forked over the extra $70 for the 3G model (I had originally pre-ordered the WiFi only Series 5) so that I would receive a Chromebook asap. I also had to switch from silver to white...

What on Earth happened?
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-17-2011, 09:01 PM

You did better than I did. When I called Best Buy there were tight lipped. Even when I threatened them they still wouldn't tell me anything at all! At least we have something to shoot for now! Thanks who ever was answering the phones at Amazon, unless of course she made that up just to get you off the phone....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-17-2011, 10:36 PM

I ordered my Samsung Chromebook from Amazon and received it today 2 days later. Ordered on Wednesday, received on Friday.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-21-2011, 04:12 PM

donmay,

what Chromebook did you order? The white Samsung 3g seems to be shipping, but Silver, and wi-fi only models are sold-out.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-25-2011, 04:30 PM

Ordered mine through Bestbuy.com and got it in a few days. No problems. But that was the day of the launch. Maybe supplies are tighter now?
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-25-2011, 04:32 PM

I hope they are selling out. That would be a good sign on possible interest...the more that are out there the more sites will support HTML5 Quicker..
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-07-2011, 09:30 AM

Does anybody have any opinions about the quality of the hardware between Acer and Samsung? I've always liked the simplicity of Acer's laptop exterior but have no experience with Samsung.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-07-2011, 10:43 AM

In the UK, the Samsung 5 Chromebook (Arctic White) 3G not available until Aug 5.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-07-2011, 10:58 PM

Quite annoying. I ordered a Silver 3G model on July 28th while they were back ordered. The site started listing them as available and in stock on July 30th, yet my order still has not shipped!!! I called and inquired on the status of my order and they told me they couldn't do anything until I was past the maximum promised delivery date! To top it off, they suggested I cancel my current and reorder to get it to ship sooner. Wtf Amazon?!

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page