Chromebook Forum : Google Chromebook Forums

Chromebook Forum : Google Chromebook Forums (https://www.chromebookforum.com/forum/)
-   Samsung Series 5 Chromebook 12.1" Forum (https://www.chromebookforum.com/forum/4-samsung-series-5-chromebook-12-1-forum/)
-   -   Can multiple users share a Google Chromebook easily? ... (https://www.chromebookforum.com/forum/4-samsung-series-5-chromebook-12-1-forum/4449-can-multiple-users-share-google-chromebook-easily.html)

speedmaster 05-28-2013 12:17 PM

Can multiple users share a Google Chromebook easily? ...

A few questions from a potential buyer:

I see that they come with 2 years of 100GB of space. We have 4 people in the house who use Google for GMail, Drive, docs, etc. When each of us in turn signs-in to the Chromebook, will we each have 100GB? Or only the first person to unpack the machine and login?

Do all of the Chromebooks handle Netflix streaming well? We do that frequently.

Other than the Pixel, what is considered the best Chromebook model? Is the Samsung the most powerful or most popular?

Anything else important I didn't even think to ask? Is there a good FAQ available someone can point me to?

Since 90%+ of things we do are done in a Web browser anyway, I figured a Chromebook might be a good option for us.

Thanks very much in advance,
Chris

speedmaster 05-28-2013 12:39 PM

Mods, can you move this to the general discussion forum? Sorry. And thanks.

Zerove 05-29-2013 03:44 AM

The guy who log into the machine has his og her own profile (google account), so it is very easy to share a CB.
Im pretty sure that only the first who log into a google account will receive the free storage.
No Chromebook have issues with Netflix.
I'd go for the Samsung. But maybe the Lenovo will be a good alternative. The Acer is to noicy.
You can easily work off-line on a Chromebook with the stuff you have in your Drive. You'll, hence, not be that dependent on wifi. My CB has 3G which is another option to secure workflow no mater where you are.
You can check out other discussion group as forinstance the G+ community ChromebookEDU (its a great site where you'll get well informed about Chromebook).

geneven 05-29-2013 08:18 AM

The $250 Samsung is by far the most popular and probably the one you should buy. The main question is, are the users going to be comfortable not having their favorite programs to use? The chromebook is perfectly easy, but it is not identical to, say, Microsoft Word. I think that changing to the Chromebook will be pleasant and fun for most users whose computer use is Internet focused.

Imran520 11-04-2013 05:34 AM

Yes, Due to above method, multiple users can share a Google Chrome book easily.