Why Chromebook over Tablet? - Chromebook Forum : Google Chromebook Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-22-2011, 06:27 PM Thread Starter

Why Chromebook over Tablet?

I really want a Series 5, but I am highly impressed with the Samsung Tab 10.1. What arguments do you guys have on each side. I am torn.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-23-2011, 02:11 AM
Super Moderator

Tablet has better offline functionality and is better for consuming media, chromebooks are better for working on the web as they have a keyboard.
There is a lot of overlap between them so think carefully about how your new device will fit into your life.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-23-2011, 02:46 PM

I was going to get a iPad or Xoom for home use. But my CR-48 came and changed my mind. I mainly spend my day reading on the web or checking out clips on Youtube so I find my Chromebook better for that...plus I can type 30 words a min on a tablet and 80 a keyboard and **** chromebook keyboards are really good!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-23-2011, 04:04 PM

Like the others said, I think it depends on what you want to do. Think over the pros and cons and go with what works best for your life.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-23-2011, 08:29 PM Thread Starter

I am thinking these same things. I have a galaxy tab 7, so obviously I jump technology before it is actually worth it So I not want that again. The chromebook at least will not leave me behind in software as phones and tablets do.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-24-2011, 05:15 PM

I can not live with out a physical keyboard. So for me a tablet is way to impractical. It all depends on how much typing that you need to do. It is not just web work, but if you chat a whole lot the web and your fingers are moving, you need a Chromebook.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-24-2011, 06:01 PM

I checked out some of the apps and I saw a few drawing apps; which is great because I love to draw! I am wondering if you can plug in a Wacom tablet to the chromebook and just use it. I'm assuming you could or will be able to since there're USB ports on the Chromebook right?
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-25-2011, 03:59 AM
Super Moderator

If your tablet needs a drivers or special software to work on Windows, you're probably SOL on a chromebook. If it works with Windows as a regular mouse, then you should be ok. While chromebooks do support USB storage and pointing devices, they don't support much else.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page