New Chromebook today, these are my dislikes so far - Chromebook Forum : Google Chromebook Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-07-2011, 08:59 AM Thread Starter

New Chromebook today, these are my dislikes so far

I just received my Chromebook yesterday. I did a lot of researched before buying and understood what I was getting. It's only a day into it and I have an open mind about it as of right now I'm 50/50 on keeping it or not.

These are the things that are an issue for me so far in the short time I have used it.
  • First email I checked on it had a video from a cell phone and I couldn't get it to work. Tried on my Dell laptop and it worked right in the email.
  • Can't seem to upload pictures on eBay when I list an item to sell.
  • For some reason RV and Camping Forum ? RV, Trailer, Camper, Motorhome, Camping and Campground Information loads really slow on the Chromebook. This is a forum I visit a lot so that is a big issue to me.
  • The track pad is something to be desired. The 2 finger scroll is way to slow for my liking. It just doesn't seem very sensitive and I have the setting set as high as it'll go. I'm hoping I can adjust to it but that alone can be a deal breaker.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-07-2011, 11:14 AM

Is this a Sam or an Acer?
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-07-2011, 11:23 AM Thread Starter

I'm under the Samsung category
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-07-2011, 09:33 PM

The trackpad is my biggest non-like, but I am getting use to it. The link you have above loads fine for me. Not slow at all. I have not tried ebay, but pics load to Facebook fine for me. The only thing I can think of about the vid is that its an unsupported format maybe?
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-07-2011, 11:45 PM
Dee

I think the trackpad would be not an issue for me, since I've been using trackpads on my laptops and netbooks for years now. The unsupported stuff could be bad, though.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page