Battery Life - Page 2 - Chromebook Forum : Google Chromebook Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-22-2011, 03:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chromeME View Post
I was reading a few reviews of the Samsung Series 5 on the web last night, including on TechCrunch and they all seem to say the battery life and power optimization is pretty incredible... they are suggesting that an 8 hour battery life will be the MINIMUM, and that some users may experience 12 - 15 hours of life!!!
It would be amazing to take a Series 5 to school, use it all day long on battery power alone without having to lug around an AC adapter... and then charge it overnight.

Nice work Google
Sources?

I'm just curious as to what the settings are for the tests. I mean, even if the 15 hour estimate was using low brightness, text-only browsing I think I'd be fine with that.

Either way, pretty impressive battery life, especially if 8 hours is even average much less minimum. It'll be exciting to see when these chromebooks officially release.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-22-2011, 03:33 PM

My current laptop has 3 hours at most, but might suddenly drop or increase in battery time depending on the CPU being sued for browsing, watching videos, running software, etc.
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-22-2011, 10:23 PM

I would imagine battery life will depend on what your doing, as it does with all things. If the CPU and GPU are working hard, or the wifi/3g radio are turned on, battery life will go down. I was reading 8.5 hours of heavy use, but like others here, I have had different results with other devices that I already own; this will for me be just like everything else, I'll really know when I get one and put it through "my" paces. I'll be very happy with 8+ hours if it works out that way, I am not however willing to tolerate a dim screen and sluggish performance to get there, I'd rather have lower battery time and higher quality.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-23-2011, 04:58 PM

Send a message via MSN to modder
I can't wait for the first real usage reports we start to see about the device

post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-23-2011, 06:27 PM

Talking Better Than A Hamster Turbine Wheel?

What do you mean the power cord can hibernate? My Dogs Will Be Mad...
post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-02-2011, 12:58 PM

More than double the battery life of todays laptops would be killer. These devices are really going to push the mobility movement.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page