Battery Life - Chromebook Forum : Google Chromebook Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-17-2011, 08:14 AM Thread Starter

Battery Life

I was reading a few reviews of the Samsung Series 5 on the web last night, including on TechCrunch and they all seem to say the battery life and power optimization is pretty incredible... they are suggesting that an 8 hour battery life will be the MINIMUM, and that some users may experience 12 - 15 hours of life!!!
It would be amazing to take a Series 5 to school, use it all day long on battery power alone without having to lug around an AC adapter... and then charge it overnight.

Nice work Google
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-17-2011, 11:57 AM

Minimum battery life of 8 hours? That is huge! If you're working at a WiFi location, it's not always possible to find an outlet for an adapter. If a meeting runs long, well a dead battery is no way to impress an employer or client. Major selling point for me!
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-18-2011, 01:11 PM

Wow! A battery life of over 8 hours is incredible to me. My current laptop gets only about 6 so it would be great to have more. I'm a student so it's really useful for me to have a model that's going to last a while.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-18-2011, 05:26 PM

How true is that? I have a 12-cell battery that is supposedly supposed to last for 8 hours but it hardly goes past 6. That would be incredible. Eight hours would just be marvelous.
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-19-2011, 08:41 AM
jwr

Well maybe google made chromebooks to attract students more and people who want a lot of portability. Anyway battery life is a huge feature
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-19-2011, 04:44 PM

Agreed, battery life is mandatory for my commute.
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-20-2011, 12:34 PM

I really hope that the actual product lives up to the claim regarding battery life. It would be disappointing otherwise. I'm happy to see that these companies are realizing that the battery life of most devices just isn't long enough.
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-20-2011, 08:08 PM

8 hours minimum? That sounds fantastic... No more lugging around bulky A/C cables along during the day. Knowing Google, though, I have a feeling the chargers themselves won't be unnecessarily big.
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-21-2011, 03:17 AM

This is the main reason why Samsung has a better Chromebook than Acer. It's still baffles me how people can buy laptops that can barely run for 3 hours.
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-21-2011, 12:07 PM

I always look at the batter life. I hate taking my laptop somewhere where there's WIFI and then have to look around for an outlet. That's just not cool.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page