Trackpad keeps sticking - Chromebook Forum : Google Chromebook Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-04-2014, 06:43 AM Thread Starter

Trackpad keeps sticking

My trackpad keeps sticking on lower right side so I have to use left side till I press fn + f3. This has been happening for several days. Any help would be appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-05-2014, 03:38 AM
Super Moderator

Hi Adventurer5... As there are a variety of Chromebooks on the market, most of which have slightly different operational methods, It might be helpful to those who can assist you, if you make it clear which model you are referring to...

I have an Acer C720 which I've found to be a very reliable little machine...

Where the touch-pad is concerned on mine (and that of a friend) we've both found the tap (to activate) sequence of the pad to be 'over sensitive' so we've both switched that facility off ~ which can be accomplished in the settings section...

Having done so, I find that the actual 'press to activate' area of the touch-pad (lower section only) works very efficiently, especially if combined with the use of the 'Alt' key: which produces normal (as would be with a mouse) right button functionality...

You may well be aware of this, but I thought it might be of interest if you'd not...

But as for experiencing a sticking sensation (I take it the pad sticks in the down position on the right) I've never experienced that at all... Sorry I can't be any more helpful than that...

Robbie....

We can only survive on this earth, as long as we're able to serve the purpose for which we came here...

Therein lies the 64,000 dollar question: 'What might that be'???
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-11-2014, 09:39 AM Thread Starter

Acer c710

the touchpad becomes useless on the lower right side. I have to switch to lower left side to use.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-11-2014, 09:50 AM
Super Moderator

It may depend on 'Exactly' what you are trying to achieve... Can you give an example please... Also, have you tried holding down the Alt key as you press the right or left sides of the touch-pad...

post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-11-2014, 09:59 AM
Super Moderator

Yours is a slightly earlier model than mine ~ I imagine ~ with it being a c710: mine is a C720 as mentioned previously... Although there might be some variations, I wouldn't have thought they'd have made any vast changes to the touch pad...

post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-16-2014, 12:24 PM
Super Moderator

Adventurer ~ I've just realised, that on my C720 CB track-pad, if I use one finger to click (anywhere on the pad) it performs a left click... But if I press with two fingers (anywhere on the pad) it works as a right click... Have you found that to be the case???

We can only survive on this earth, as long as we're able to serve the purpose for which we came here...

post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-28-2014, 12:14 PM
Super Moderator

You can also effect a 'Right Click' by holding down the 'Alt' key and pressing the touch-pad with a single fingertip...

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page