Losing internet connection - Chromebook Forum : Google Chromebook Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-06-2014, 02:54 PM Thread Starter

Losing internet connection

I have an Acer C720 connected to AT&T internet with strong-signal wi-fi. About 30 minutes after I boot the computer and experience trouble-free internet usage, I start getting "cannot connect" messages for every URL that I enter. The connection status bar has all 4 bars when this happens (still connect to wi-fi router). This does not happen to any other device in our household (3 computer, 3 kindles, one smart TV), so I don't think it's an AT&T problem. Usually when this happens, my computer is the only one accessing the internet at the time.

Any ideas about how to solve this problem?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-07-2014, 03:08 AM
Super Moderator

I've a C720 and although It does occasionally wander onto a local free WiFi service (provided by the housing association) it's only a matter of clicking on the right tab, to put it back where it's best suited...

Looked at all the available settings on my machine, but cannot find anything that would give you the grief you're experiencing... Having said that, there is a means of changing the channel being used by the chromebook...

Open settings and on the left, click on the help tab... The means of changing channels is in there...

See what your other equipment is using first, then make sure your CB is using the same channel...

It might be the answer, although I can't say for sure, that such will be the case... Also, whilst in that area, make sure your OS is up to date...

Robbie....

We can only survive on this earth, as long as we're able to serve the purpose for which we came here...

Therein lies the 64,000 dollar question: 'What might that be'???
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-07-2014, 03:58 AM
Super Moderator

As an afterthought, if the help tab is not showing, click on the 'About' tab and the 'change channel' settings are available in there... Please let me know how you get on, so that any appropriate information can be logged for future reference...

Thanks ~ Robbie....

We can only survive on this earth, as long as we're able to serve the purpose for which we came here...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-07-2014, 01:26 PM Thread Starter

Thanks, Robbie. I did need to update my OS. I'll see if that fixes the problem. I also found the change channel settings, which I will try in a few days if the problem persists.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-07-2014, 01:30 PM
Super Moderator

Oh ~ well done eveheart... Thanks for letting me know how your getting on... All the feedback is good for future reference...

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page