Malware/virus vs Slow Internet - Chromebook Forum : Google Chromebook Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 01-10-2015, 12:38 PM Thread Starter

Malware/virus vs Slow Internet

I've had my Chromenbook for about 2 1/2 months now. I use it mostly for browsing, maintaining my pool leagues website and of course playing games on Facebook. Facebook games is where I started noticing the problem. It started telling me that I needed Flash Player 11.3 or higher. After a little research I decided to powerwash the system. Since everything is backed up with Google I figured this would be a good fail safe. This didn't fix the problem. I found the Chromebook automatically updates and Flash was part of Chrome. I informed him that my internet connection was horrible and we were currently having bad weather which sometimes affects my speed. Weather is better today but I am still having issues.

So here are my questions. Will a Powerwash remove any Malware or virus's if they had been present? If not, what can I do to remove these items?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 01-13-2015, 11:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherB View Post
I've had my Chromenbook for about 2 1/2 months now. I use it mostly for browsing, maintaining my pool leagues website and of course playing games on Facebook. Facebook games is where I started noticing the problem. It started telling me that I needed Flash Player 11.3 or higher. After a little research I decided to powerwash the system. Since everything is backed up with Google I figured this would be a good fail safe. This didn't fix the problem. I found the Chromebook automatically updates and Flash was part of Chrome. I informed him that my internet connection was horrible and we were currently having bad weather which sometimes affects my speed. Weather is better today but I am still having issues.

So here are my questions. Will a Powerwash remove any Malware or virus's if they had been present? If not, what can I do to remove these items?
HeatherB,

A reason to powerwash (factory reset) would be to troubleshoot any ongoing issues you might be experiencing. Sometimes a fresh install of an OS goes a long way in getting rid of annoying bugs.

You are thinking like a windows user. Malware is 98% a Microsoft Windows problem, because there are so many in use, and the general user will click on any popup, or webpage install button. Chromebook does not really install software, and generally avoids the problem of installing infected software by design.

JR

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page