Tough choice...Samsung Galaxy or Acer Chromebook? Suggestions? - Chromebook Forum : Google Chromebook Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-27-2011, 11:08 PM Thread Starter

Tough choice...Samsung Galaxy or Acer Chromebook? Suggestions?

I will be using it to mainly surf the web and edit my business web page. Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-28-2011, 07:42 AM

It is really a tough choice. I know the one being given away here is a Samsung, but I think if I were buying I would go with Acer, and that's only because I am more familiar with Acer and have never had any problems with them.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-31-2011, 08:00 AM

I'm going with the Acer because it has the HDMI hook-up. Great for presentations.
Also, the audio is better. However, the Samsung does have about an inch and a half of screen width on the Acer Chromebook.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-31-2011, 04:01 PM

In terms of cheapness i'd for the acer one as it a lower tier brand and their products are generally cheaper, while samsung is top tier brand and they build quality is usually better, it'll almost come down to weather you can a keyboard or a touch screen system.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-01-2011, 01:14 PM

Send a message via MSN to modder
Quote:
Originally Posted by C.os View Post
In terms of cheapness i'd for the acer one as it a lower tier brand and their products are generally cheaper, while samsung is top tier brand and they build quality is usually better, it'll almost come down to weather you can a keyboard or a touch screen system.
Agreed. I know for writing business proposals and email I always benefit from having a physical keyboard, so the Chromebook would serve me better in this example.

post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-02-2011, 01:18 PM

The screen is only 11-12 in. making it very small. However, the HDMI port is quite handy and helps with the small screen. I can simply plug my HDMI cable inside my chromebook and plug it into the TV and whala! a larger screen!
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-02-2011, 03:28 PM

It had not hit me that it was only the Samsung Chromebook being given away in this forum. I think Acer's main selling point is the HDMI-hook up but either way, whichever make you choose should suit you well.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-02-2011, 04:09 PM

Acer main selling point is the HDMi out put which is better suited for their 'selling purpose" of business use for power points and etc, and also high-school kids who need to present power point presentations as well, with that it becomes clearly and everyone also loves new technology.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-02-2011, 05:34 PM

I say Acer as well. I think Samsung is going to be great but they do not have nearly as much experience in the computer industry. In a year or two, if they prove themselves you can switch then.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-03-2011, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewIrish View Post
I'm going with the Acer because it has the HDMI hook-up. Great for presentations.
Also, the audio is better. However, the Samsung does have about an inch and a half of screen width on the Acer Chromebook.
good one

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page