Acer Chromebook will appeal to women - Chromebook Forum : Google Chromebook Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-28-2011, 11:47 AM Thread Starter

Acer Chromebook will appeal to women

I think the Acer Chromebook is perfect for young-women and particularly those on a tight-budget in school. Women are not quite as stuck on their old computer habits like men are, and would welcome moving their data to teh cloud. One less thing for them to worry about.

I think I will be buying my girlfriend a Chromebook, and the Acer 11.6" is the perfect petite laptop for her.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-28-2011, 11:52 AM

I don't know that women and men are that different in their computer habits in terms of type of computer. I think it will appeal to men and women alike but I do agree that it is more likely to appeal to the young.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-28-2011, 02:57 PM

In my opinion, it is age that is more of a factor. I adapt to new technology where both of my parents seem to be resistant. And even when they do try to adapt, it is very slow.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-28-2011, 06:05 PM

Women are better at multi tasking, they are just made that way. In that way the Google Chromebook will appeal to ladies because I think it makes multi tasking faster and easier.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-28-2011, 10:02 PM

Ooooh lots of different opinions here! I have to say that most of the confirmed 'techies' I ever meet are guys, but female friends are quite budget and value for money conscious. I think the Chromebook will appeal to different sides of both groups.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-30-2011, 12:03 PM

I think you might find many retired men and women looking for a smaller lightweight computer to take on travels.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-30-2011, 12:04 PM

Send a message via MSN to modder
I would think if anything the Samsung would be the one more likely to appeal to a female buyer because of the more stylish White colour option. Having seen the droves of women who went and bought a white iPhone 4, I think this is more liekly the case.

post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-30-2011, 12:10 PM

That is true, women do care more about looks than men do. At the same time, women are also better at frugality as a group. I think the sales numbers of the first month or two will be interesting to see.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-30-2011, 01:37 PM

I would not mind either one...I don't really get a gadget based on the "look" per say, I get it cuz it is a new toy and I wanna play with it...and if it looks sleek extra points!!! :-)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page