Acer chrome book 14 help - Chromebook Forum : Google Chromebook Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-28-2016, 11:38 AM Thread Starter

Acer chrome book 14 help

Really sorry if this has been asked already. Does this chromebook need anti virus installing?

The reason I'm confused is that the internet says no, generally to this but the place I bought it from says some do.

When I went to buy it for my son, we were given the add in sales talk but explained we have anti virus via our isp. We tried to download this and nothing happened. We then went to an anti virus actual online store to try a free trial as we assumed our isp was playing up. Clicked to d/l trial and again nothing happened and nothing in the cart for free trials.

Just to make sure I checked online with the shop I bought from who said that it depends on the model.

So pretty confused as we're used to laptops, which we haven't had for a few years and a little bit tech dumb for want of a better phrase.

Many thanks Lee.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-02-2017, 12:27 PM

You are in the wrong section. This is the Acer Chromebook 11.6" Forum

On a normal CB, there's no way to install AV.

It isn't needed because the apps and files are stored on Googles servers and each process is individually sandboxed.

IF the Play Store is available to your CB, and you install Android apps, it may be possible to install a malignant app, but it's totally unclear if you could install an Android AC app to scan local files. It couldn't do anything to Drive files.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-26-2017, 03:43 AM

You don't even need to install any AV because Chrome its completely save from any virus.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page