Acer Chromebook Renamed – Acer Cromia AC761 - Chromebook Forum : Google Chromebook Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-06-2011, 03:24 PM Thread Starter

Acer Chromebook Renamed – Acer Cromia AC761

Acer Cromia AC761 seems to be what the Acer chromebook will be called according to this Acer chromebook listing on amazon...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00507ALBG/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=bradlindsdigi-20&linkCode=as2&camp=217153&creative=399701&creativeASIN=B00507ALBG
Incase you haven't seen any of the Acer Cromia AC761 Product Features and Technical Details they are below.

Quote:
Ever since the annocement of Acer’s Chrome OS powered notebook we have always thought that this device would simply be called the Acer Chromebook. Well, a recent update to Amazon’s listing of this device shows that they have been directed by Acer to name it the ‘Acer Cromia AC761′.
http://chromeossite.com/2011/06/04/a...-cromia-ac761/

Acer Cromia AC761 Product Features and Technical Details

Product Features

- The Acer Chromebook is the future of computing. In a stylish simplified design with 11.6" HD display, it's the ideal device for users who live and breathe online, craving the speed to go from one site to the next in an instant.

- Get more done with dual-core power! The Intel® Atom? N570 Processor sports two cores and provides additional system responsiveness, as well as an enhnaced online experience like you've never seen before!

- Your apps, documents, and settings are stored safely in the cloud. So even if you lose your computer, you can just log in to another Chromebook and get right back to work.

- Chromebooks run the first consumer operating system designed from the ground up to defend against the ongoing threat of malware and viruses. They employ the principle of "defense in depth" to provide multiple layers of protection.

- Chromebooks boot in 8 seconds and resume instantly. Your favorite websites load quickly and run smoothly, with full support for the latest web standards and Adobe® Flash®. In fact, Chromebooks are designed to get faster over time as updates are released.

Processor, Memory, and Motherboard
Processor:
1.66 GHz

Hard Drive
Size:
16 GB

Graphics and Display
Graphics RAM:
64 MB

Ports and Connectivity
USB Ports:

Cases and Expandability
Size (LWH):
8.06 inches, 11.24 inches, 1 inches
Weight: 3.19 pounds

Power
Rated Charge (normal use):
6 hours
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-10-2011, 03:17 PM

Right, the Acer Cromia was just recently "named" and it seems to fit with their Tablet, which is named Iconia. Sounds like somebody at Acer has hit on a product naming taxonomy. Acer has been around for a long time. I think they are now the #2 PC manufacturer. I currently have several Acer LCD monitors, an Acer Aspire PC and an Acer Aspire laptop, so count me in for the Acer Cromia. Acer products are generally made well and competitively priced.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-11-2011, 11:24 AM

I had never taken Acer seriously as a company but reading this post made me a little more enlightened. I think new name will appeal to would be buyers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-19-2011, 04:20 PM
Banned

Another Name Change?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrome-Guy View Post
Acer Cromia AC761 seems to be what the Acer chromebook will be called according to this Acer chromebook listing on amazon...

Amazon.com: Acer® Cromia AC761-1099 11.6" HD Chromebook - Matte Black: Computer & Accessories

I just read that there has been ANOTHER name change FROM Cromia TO AC700 Chromebook. Can anyone verify this??? I'm not familiar with the below website but this is where I got the new info.
Acer Chromebook Launch Delayed, Also Gets New Name - Softpedia

Last edited by mtluvsChrome; 06-19-2011 at 04:23 PM.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-23-2011, 02:49 PM

I really like the name Cromia..sounds like a crazy high end car....

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page