Connecting Chromebook To HDTV - Page 2 - Chromebook Forum : Google Chromebook Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-14-2015, 09:30 PM

I have the Chromebook 11 HP. Bought a miniusb to hdml connection as recommended by Best Buy. No viable connection is made. Are there ctrl keys that are needed to switch the display. Contacted Google but they told me that a straight through mini usb to hdmi cable would work. No way
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-14-2015, 09:39 PM

Thanks, I don't get offended easily but didn't want to appear totally oblivious .
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-12-2015, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Namida12 View Post

Only change I would like in this arrangement is to toggle the chromebook screen off while watching the larger monitor.

JR
I have c710 with HDMI cable, when I turn brightness all the way down (F-6) it goes into docked mode. Cursor stays on TV screen, does not go off left side back to chromebook
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-05-2016, 12:21 AM

Acer chromebook

I'd like to use the Chromebook as a STB, hard wired by HDMI to the HDTV, and an ethernet cable to a Comcast "phone modem." Also, a separate, wireless keyboard would be needed.

Apparently, the Samsung 5 550 has a "display port," but it's a mini VGA, not HDMI (I didn't think it possible that a new device would be designed without an HDMI-out port these days). I'm told that this VGA port does carry audio, and there is an adapter available for "VGA to HDMI" for the Samsung "display port," but I don't like the idea.
Hello everyone
Further, the specs on the Samsung does mention ethernet, but I'm not clear on this point; whether it has an ethernet outlet and can be hard wired to a modem.

The Acer Chromebook, on the other hand, does come with an HDMI-out port and Bluetooth support, but zero mention of an ethernet outlet. I'd be confident that there would be no audio/video problems with the HDMI port available, and the Bluetooth would be helpful with a the keyboard requirement, but with no ethernet connection, would it have to be on wifi: which maybe okay, provided that everything else about the Acer Chromebook was positive; speed, streaming capability, etc., etc.

Obviously, with the Chromebook, in addition to an upgrade-ready STB device, I'd also be buying a portable laptop. Given all the above, I'd really like this to be doable, and was wondering if anyone had some insight/advice.
Best regards
angellily
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-10-2016, 04:10 PM

Why the wire?

Use a Chromecast!

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page