Acer Chromebook and windows 8 - Chromebook Forum : Google Chromebook Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-10-2013, 09:40 PM Thread Starter

Acer Chromebook and windows 8

Has anyone been able to get them to work together on a home network? I would like to be able to share music with my daughter(Acer Chromebook) through my home network, and I haven't been able to figure out how to get her to connect with my computer(Windows 8). Anyone know how?

Thank You!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-11-2013, 12:21 AM

One way would be to upload your music & playlists to Google Play ... then you (and your chosen people) could access the music any where, from any device (including phones etc).
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-11-2013, 01:12 AM

If you want to control the win8 computer from chromebook you can use teamviewer. On a cellphone you can easily transfer files. I haven't been able to test it going the other way. Chrome remote is the same in controlling the pc from the chromebook. With Google docs you can share files too might be the same as Google play (I never experiment with G Play).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-11-2013, 01:57 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by krwebb View Post
One way would be to upload your music & playlists to Google Play ... then you (and your chosen people) could access the music any where, from any device (including phones etc).
I have Google Play but haven't figured out how you could share your music to other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by danthepunman View Post
If you want to control the win8 computer from chromebook you can use teamviewer. On a cellphone you can easily transfer files. I haven't been able to test it going the other way. Chrome remote is the same in controlling the pc from the chromebook. With Google docs you can share files too might be the same as Google play (I never experiment with G Play).
Umm no I"m not going to let a 14 year old control my computer lol. So Teamviewer, Chrome remote are not an option. I've have been using Google Docs to share music by a round about way. I shared a folder with my daughter then she download the music to her Chromebook and then is able to play it. But because she has to go through 5 steps just to listen she isn't really thrilled about this method.. i.e. download the zip file, unzip, copy, paste to new folder, then individually select each *.mp3 file to play.

It would be so much easier if Google would allow Chrome to see Windows music server on a home network....

Thanks again for your replies.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-26-2013, 12:09 AM

I uploaded all my music to google drive to share it with all my devices. I takes bandwidth if I'm running on ATT data vs Wifi, but its the best option i found.

You could also try apps like AirDroid.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page