Does anyone here own an Acer Chromebook? - Chromebook Forum : Google Chromebook Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-05-2011, 07:04 PM Thread Starter

Does anyone here own an Acer Chromebook?

I know that Samsungs head start might be the reason, but it seems like everyone here has a Samsung Chromebook. Are there any owners of the Acer Chromebook who wouldn't mind sharing their experiences?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-07-2011, 05:48 AM

I think both Chromebooks are great but I would go with the Samsung model anytime. I do not know but I think there are still fewer owners of the Acer model. I would also want to hear some experience from them.
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-08-2011, 08:09 PM

Wi-Fi Acer

I got an Acer from Amazon. I like it ok, my only gripes are the flat keys and the lower case letter markings on the keyboard. I'm old school and like the sculpted keys of old IBM keyboards with their clicky sound. The flat keys have no feel and are too easy to mistype. Also when looking for keys the lower case lettering is sometimes harder to identify than the more normal upper case.

Cheers...
Russ
post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-13-2011, 11:35 PM

I purchased my Acer Cromebook from Amazon.com at a great price for 309.00 after discounts. I have not had it for a week yet and am getting acquainted with its' features. So far I am very pleased with its' ease of use. This is the perfect net book for web browsing. I like having the web cam to skype. Also the HDMI port was a welcome added feature. The small case letters on the keys are different but not a problem since most text is typed in small case anyway. I am very pleased so far with my Acer Cromebook and would recommend it to others.
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-14-2011, 05:49 PM
Super Moderator

Jeffrey,
can you explain how you use the webcam with Skype please?
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-15-2011, 03:10 PM
BWR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloud3270 View Post
I got an Acer from Amazon. I like it ok, my only gripes are the flat keys and the lower case letter markings on the keyboard. I'm old school and like the sculpted keys of old IBM keyboards with their clicky sound. The flat keys have no feel and are too easy to mistype. Also when looking for keys the lower case lettering is sometimes harder to identify than the more normal upper case.

Cheers...
Russ
I have the Samsung and it also has flat keys and lowercase letters on them. The keys do not have a click sound, but it does have the good tactile feedback of the infamous IBM keyboards. Since I am a hunt&peck typist, I guess the flat keys don't bother me as much as it might a touch typist.
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-28-2011, 12:19 AM

i just got it today, on monday the samsung will be delivered and after playing. with both, i will decide which i keep for myself and which i will give to my hubby [handycapped]. we also have two ipad2's and windows7 laptop.
what i do not like is there is no lock shift (is there?). have been using the ipad for over 2 months and even it has a lock shift. used ONLY the ipad since i have had it and keep trying to schroll with my hand on the screen! lol
i used ONLY a trackball with our desktop pc. Any of the laptops i have used had/have the touch pad and I hated every one of them! but i really like this touch pad.
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-28-2011, 05:08 PM
BWR

Click the wrench icon in the toolbar

Click on Settings

Click on System

In the Language section, click on the Modifier keys... button

In the Search Key dropdown, select Caps Lock
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-14-2011, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by russcasey View Post
Jeffrey,
can you explain how you use the webcam with Skype please?
click the cam icon then done
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-17-2012, 11:23 AM

Hey,

I realise I'm bumping an old thread, but I just joined and felt the need to represent the Acer camp :P. I have an Acer C7 which I'm currently still in the process of exploring. Kind of like it so far, but it takes some getting used to (especially the keyboard layout).

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page