Remove original drive, then play with Ubuntu using second - Chromebook Forum : Google Chromebook Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 09-27-2013, 05:20 PM Thread Starter

Remove original drive, then play with Ubuntu using second

As an experiment, I plan to remove the original 320G drive before experimenting with the installation of Ubuntu on an SSD I have on hand.

When I reinstall the original drive back into the Acer C7 Chromebook it came out of, will it work as delivered from the factory/when I removed it? (ie.. Using the original Chrome OS with verification turned on). I know that it needs to be put in development mode to dual boot Ubuntu/Crhome OS on the alternate SSD drive and I believe a development Bios is also installed during the dual installation boot process.

I know the original drive will not work if installed in a different Acer C7 and the warranty will be voided if I remove the bottom cover.

If I could simply install the original 320G drive when I want the Chrome OS with all it's security enabled features and swap it for the dual boot SSD when I what to use Ubuntu/more configurable developer Chrome OS that would be great.

I am sure there are issues with the TPM/Encryption of user files and switching between Factory/Developer mode regarding the above discussion. If anyone on the forum has done anything similar, your advice would be greatly appreciated.

Regards, Ron
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page