Acer Chromebook - why buy? - Page 2 - Chromebook Forum : Google Chromebook Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-19-2011, 08:46 AM

I agree that the HDMI output places the Acer Chromebook at an advantageous position. You might want to re-think the idea that it is cheaper than Samsung since the 3G model goes for $420 which is only $70 shy of the Samsung Chromebook.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-19-2011, 04:40 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherry View Post
I have an acer laptop I like, I got it for the price. If the acer is the best price for a chrome, I would buy it. Sorry but I don't have extra money to spend! A smaller size would be nice for commuting. I walk a lot and often carry my laptop, which seems to weigh a ton after a while.
I too have, or actually I had until I accidentally killed it an Acer laptop which was my first and only laptop and I too got it for the price. It was all I could afford. I LOVED IT and am so glad it was all I could afford!!! If and when I ever have money again, whether it a little or a lot, I will buy the Acer Chromebook (should I not win the Samsung Series 5 Chromebook). I'm not sure what to think about the smaller size as I don't have experience with anything that small but I am hoping the smaller size will be easier on my eyes than the 16:9 LED HP BrightView I am currently looking at and have been looking at since last December on my daughter's new Compaq (YUCK!!!) laptop.
post #13 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-20-2011, 05:16 PM

Not a fan of LEd screens i see, but HP arent exactly the greatest either i must say, but i agree i would much rather go for the acer laptop as their is HDMI output which is always a huge plus
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-28-2011, 10:23 AM

The nice features of the Acer:

Screen Resolution
HMDI
Size
Weight

Samsung:

All day battery
Larger Screen
3G options now
Keyboard (chicklet)
Better Build (looking at past Acers)
post #15 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-24-2013, 03:31 AM

Smile I bought it.

Hi there,

I bought it because my husband was getting upset each time he wanted to download music. My daughter has a Acer Aspire and it gets too slow like any other computer even tho it is suppose to be a killer when surfing online, but it is not.

Now, with the chromebook you open the computer by lifting the screen an you are online instantly. Also when surfing online there is not other thing better that I have tried so far. It never gets frozen, slow or blank. The speed downloading music is unbelievable. You can choose around more than 10 songs to download at the same time and it takes less than 30 seconds to download all of them. It is light in weight and even when the screen is small you can set up the font big enough to your taste.

The kids tried it and I love that they can download anything from the google app market like angry birds and other stuff and they never ask me to help them because the computer never gets frozen or stay buffering. The place where you put the charger, I don't know how you call this, sorry, I guess the power card is big making it easy to plug in the power cable without ruing the power card inside the computer. We had a tablet that got ruined because the power supply cable end was so skinny that when we were putting it into the computer power slot it wouldn't go in. This messed up the power card in less than a week. We don't have that problem with the chromebook.

The only thing I would complain about is that I haven't been able to figure out how to print with it. I'm still confused in that part. I know I can't install drivers on the chromebook but I thought that at the moment of printing will use setups saved on the chrome browser but I guess I'm wrong. As soon as I figure it out I will post it here

I hope this help, thanks
post #16 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-26-2013, 07:36 AM

Arrow Acer Chromebook Mouse Problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by chromed View Post
I'd love to buy a new chromebook, and am wondering why the Acer might make sense for anyone? Is it just a price thing? It is cheaper than the Samsung, but it seems otherwise inferior. I mean the 11.6" screen is really small.

Help me out... who is buying the Acer Chromebook and why are they buying it?
My Acer Chromebook has a horrible mouse problem. To move the mouse pointer across the screen you need to swipe the mouse 3 or 4 times. The pointer lags well behind the mouse rendering it almost useless. Acer says it is a mouse problem but I have tried mice from HP, IBM, and Logitech with the same poor results. Mice that work perfectly with Windows and Linux. If you intend to use a mouse, stay away from this one.
post #17 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-26-2013, 08:34 AM

I just got my Samsung 5 550 11.6" last night from Amazon. I has an HDMI port on the back edge.
post #18 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-27-2013, 04:24 PM

I have had the samsung and the acer, I actually like the acer C7 better because they are fun to upgrade, so far I have placed the two gigs of ram with 16, replaced the 3 cell battery with a 6 cell and replaced the 320gb spinning drive with a 240 solid state drive. I don't think that there is much more I can do to it, but it was fun to tinker with anyway.

With the samsung I was locked in to 2 gb of ram and a 16 gb solid state drive. It was fast, but not a lot of tinkering options....and I like options.

Last edited by atedrow; 02-27-2013 at 04:31 PM.
post #19 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-28-2013, 12:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drstove View Post
My Acer Chromebook has a horrible mouse problem. To move the mouse pointer across the screen you need to swipe the mouse 3 or 4 times. The pointer lags well behind the mouse rendering it almost useless. Acer says it is a mouse problem but I have tried mice from HP, IBM, and Logitech with the same poor results. Mice that work perfectly with Windows and Linux. If you intend to use a mouse, stay away from this one.
I don't have any problem with my mouse on my Acer. It works perfectly. Are you sure you have your mouse speed set correctly? Go into settings and check your touchpad speed and mouse speed under Device.
post #20 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-07-2013, 10:29 PM
Banned

Very thank you for your message, I think samsung cell phone to his shell quality was quite good to people feel very comfortable, the appearance of the more upscale, can good shockproof and buffer impact, soft surface fingerprint proof design is very easy to clean, not easy to deformation.

Fashion brands Retro folio genuine leather case for Samsung Galaxy Note 2 - Cheap Samsung Galaxy Note 2 cases Brand sale

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page