cloud ready printers - Chromebook Forum : Google Chromebook Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-09-2013, 09:27 PM Thread Starter

cloud ready printers

What is a good basic printer that works with acer c7 chromebook?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-16-2014, 06:22 PM Thread Starter

I found good cloud ready printers myself.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-16-2014, 02:21 AM
Super Moderator

With reference to the above, I've found that the Epson XP610 works very efficiently with my chromebook and that of any trainee or permitted friend, who wishes to print from it, from any location... That applies to CB's, normal computers and some tablets...

I found it really worthwhile paying a little bit extra for that machine, because of the range of facilities it offers, such as scanning to cloud, printing on CDs and such having it's own email address...

Mine also works well using compatable inks...

We can only survive on this earth, as long as we're able to serve the purpose for which we came here...

Therein lies the 64,000 dollar question: 'What might that be'???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-14-2015, 01:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbie Dalziel View Post
With reference to the above, I've found that the Epson XP610 works very efficiently with my chromebook and that of any trainee or permitted friend, who wishes to print from it, from any location... That applies to CB's, normal computers and some tablets...

I found it really worthwhile paying a little bit extra for that machine, because of the range of facilities it offers, such as scanning to cloud, printing on CDs and such having it's own email address...

Mine also works well using compatible inks...
I have been looking for a decent Cloud ready monochrome/laser printer for my home.

I have read you must set up a email with HP cloud printer, so have been looking at different brands. Still haven't found the one that has excited me enough to make a purchase.

I have always like HP, because they have supported Linux for many years.

Still looking for a printer, but would like to hear from a HP cloud user about the email procedure.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-14-2015, 01:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adventurer5 View Post
I found good cloud ready printers myself.
What brand and model did you purchase?
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-29-2015, 10:56 PM

I just got an HP Officejet pro 8610. It claims to be cheaper to operate than a laser, although it's an inkjet. That remains to be seen, since it's just a few weeks since I got it. It was super easy to install as a cloud printer from my Acer Chromebook C720. I can even print on it at home when I'm traveling by using e-print by email.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-30-2015, 03:59 AM
Super Moderator

Great news about the printer Herb... I think wireless equipment was one of the best things they brought out in donkey's years... I use it with all my printing and desktop equipment, even using wireless keyboard and mouse with the cb... It's so much easier than using the touch pad...

Have a nice day...

Robbie....

We can only survive on this earth, as long as we're able to serve the purpose for which we came here...

post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-10-2015, 10:45 AM

I'm searching for a cloud printer now. I've noticed that most posters ask for printers compatible with their specific model CB. Is this typically the case with cloud ready printers? Do certain brand models only support certain CB's? I don't think this is the case but wanted to throw it out there to verify as I research.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-10-2015, 11:14 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBatMan View Post
I'm searching for a cloud printer now. I've noticed that most posters ask for printers compatible with their specific model CB. Is this typically the case with cloud ready printers? Do certain brand models only support certain CB's? I don't think this is the case but wanted to throw it out there to verify as I research.

Hi DaBatMan...

I'm not aware that there is any restriction on cloud printers as such... I have two WiFi printers - both Epson - both working comfortably with the Acer c720 CB...
Further to that, I've just installed a Samsung laser printer on my windows 8 computer, that to, possible to print to from the CB, without a hitch... Naturally, all printers, computers and the CB are connected to the network on a shared basis...

I have programmed two of the printers in such a way - by sending out invitations - that my trainees can use those printers from their own homes, using the network feature... I would imagine, most cloud ready printers would react in that way... I'd be very disappointed should they not do so...

Hope that's of interest to you...

Robbie....

post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-10-2015, 04:23 PM

The HP PhotoSmart ePrinter series is really easy to set up:

Set Up a Classic Network-Attached Printer
Launch Google Chrome on the computer attached to the same network as the printer. ...
Click the Menu button.
Go to Settings.
Select Show Advanced Settings from the bottom of the screen.
Click the “Sign in to Google Print” button. ...
Tap Add Printer(s) The message will change instantly.

Toshiba Chromebook 2 HD

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page