Screen Quality - Chromebook Forum : Google Chromebook Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-17-2011, 08:13 AM Thread Starter

Screen Quality

I noticed that the Acer has an LED backlit screen... I am currently a Macbook user, and was wondering how the screen quality of the Acer will be compared to my Macbook? I am quite happy with my 11" Macbook Air screen... but the Acer and Chromebooks sounds too exciting for me to resist. I am a tech nerd and love getting things "first" before anyone else even knows what they are. Plus the HDMI output sounds like its right up my alley
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-18-2011, 03:54 PM

I dont think the screen will be as nice as your macbook air screen, as these are considered budget laptops and arnt of the premium laptops that apples sell as well.

But i agree they shouldn't hold up too bad at all either!
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-19-2011, 12:11 PM

I agree with C.os, I doubt it will be in the upper class of viewing experiences, but it should be good nonetheless.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-19-2011, 03:57 PM
Ben

I would be wary of the HDMI out, until I see that there's a graphics card in this thing we're talking about integrated GMA3150 intel graphics - max digital resolution of 1366x768(according to toms hardware guide for the atom pineview lineup). This IS(possibly, a typo on the 2 pixel difference?) the same resolution as the screen, and therefore I think your viewing experience has a good chance of being better on the Acer than on the Samsung. The Samsun screen is well out of spec for getting a digital signal for the display - 1280x800 is 42 pixels taller than the maximum digital signal the Atom's graphics can handle, and the vga port on theirs indicates they tapped into the analog signal output rather than the digital one.

The Acer went for the digital signal, apparently. We might see that they did it just for the HDMI, but with a digital signal you are much more likely to get a display worthy of it.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-19-2011, 04:00 PM

Yeah now that you mention it, samsung and Acer seem to have both nerd both laptops trying to put them into a higher resolution category but failing by, passing requirements and over doing it, I wouldnt opt for either of these until they do come with some more powerful core's and GPU's as well. i'll most likely sit out for the first round of the Chrome books.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-23-2011, 10:40 PM

it is going to be a great screen.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page